Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Mac

Default First Mac

So I got my first Mac today. Got the MacBook Air, I have to say its way smaller then it look.

Anyways anyone know anything cool you can do with Macs?

Thanks,

Baby_Mike

DrunknFox

A lot. You can manage your files in a more organized way than a PC. I'm not for either type of computer, but I have noticed that Macs are more user friendly.

You can make music with Garageband, Manage your mail with well... Mail. You can basically have a well organized music library on iTunes.

Mac airs can't do as much though because of the small hard drive space and lack of inputs. But if you have an external hard drive and a CD drive you're good.

Also, if you're in college, you can take notes for class easier. That's about all I can think of without going into paid programs like Final Cut Pro.

I'm in a similar situation, bought a Macbook pro for uni a few weeks back, love it though. So easy to function and looks so nice

this thing is so fast. I think Im falling in love with Mac over PC. The boot time is crazy. It has a 120 gig hard drive and if I need a CD drive I can always remotely use one from another computer.

Quote Originally Posted by baby_mike View Post
    Anyways anyone know anything cool you can do with Macs?

The best benefit of Macbook air IMHO.

With regular laptops you can upgrade or even but them with SSD's for thee faster boot time. Not that waiting 15-20 seconds is a pain if you maintain your computer well. Can't wait for the time people bitch about having to wait over 1/8th second for their computer to boot.

You can take advantage of bootcamp and install windows on it...

Quote Originally Posted by JATO457 View Post
    Great point. But I always felt like that defeats the whole purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto123 View Post
    A lot. You can manage your files in a more organized way than a PC. I'm not for either type of computer, but I have noticed that Macs are more user friendly.

You can make music with Garageband, Manage your mail with well... Mail. You can basically have a well organized music library on iTunes.

Mac airs can't do as much though because of the small hard drive space and lack of inputs. But if you have an external hard drive and a CD drive you're good.

Also, if you're in college, you can take notes for class easier. That's about all I can think of without going into paid programs like Final Cut Pro.
    Umm... Macs and User Friendly do not go together...

Quote Originally Posted by JATO457 View Post
    I thought about it but i have a windows laptop. I havent touched them since I got my Mac

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    Umm... Macs and User Friendly do not go together...
    I disagree with you.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Learn the gestures - you'll wonder how you ever managed without them

Apple - Multi-Touch Gestures - More natural control of your Mac.
    Only on Lion which I am downloading via app store right now.