Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering at an apartment?

Default Ordering at an apartment?

Hello, I just moved into an apartment where I live alone, and I'm not here most of the day -- so if they delivered a box with me not here, does anyone know what they usually do? Do they leave it on the doorstep or something like at a house?

not sure in america but there is the option to collect from post office in UK

Darkfinn

I lived in apartments for a number of years.

The carrier will leave the box at the apartment office... you can go pick it up later. I did that all the time.

oh god, that's even worse, haha. thanks for the responses

Why is that worse? If it's in a discreet package, then there should be no problem...Otherwise, I could see why you said that's worse

Darkfinn

Honestly... the people in the office don't even look at what you order... they get so many packages a day it doesn't matter. Heck... around here the vast majority of them don't even speak english... so who cares what they think.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about anyone looking in your packages or anything if that's what you're worried about. It's already been said, as long as the packaging is discreet you have nothing to worry about. I order stuff all the time at my apartments and I've never had a problem.

I have a pretty friendly relationship with the people that own the complex and work in the office, so it would just be awkward.....I'll figure something out. I'm sure fedex or UPS has a scheduled delivery service

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ View Post
    I have a pretty friendly relationship with the people that own the complex and work in the office, so it would just be awkward.....I'll figure something out. I'm sure fedex or UPS has a scheduled delivery service

Well like I said, there shouldn't be a problem if the packaging is discreet...