Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 90s Music Rocks

DrunknFox

Default 90s Music Rocks

I finally re-bought Nirvana's "Nevermind" OMFG it's amazing!!
    I own, i think, 5 or 6 of their CDs including the "With the Lights Out" Box Set.

Personally, I believe their music is the best music existing; however, it's obviously a matter of opinion.

Anyone with ears knows music started going down hill in the late 2000s, but I personally believe the Nineties; particularly No Doubt, Weezer, R.E.M, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. some of the best arounds, and made the 90s the best decade for music.

What decade music, or bands do you like to listen to, and do you agree the music playing these days are just awful?

Quote Originally Posted by Balto123 View Post
    Anyone with ears knows music started going down hill in the late 2000s, but I personally believe the Nineties; particularly No Doubt, Weezer, R.E.M, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. some of the best arounds, and made the 90s the best decade for music.
    I would say music started going down hill in the 80s and all hope was lost by the 2000s

Personally I don't have a decade of music I listen to but I love blues, psychedelic, rock, rock'n'roll,folk, new wave and even dubstep,house and alot of electronic music.

Artists I listen to are the Beatles, beach boys, the cars, rolling stones, bob Dylan, daft punk, skrillex, buddy guy and more (I could keep ongoing but I won't)

paul19

No doubt on that bro. My personal faves for the 90's is the dance hits and the POP back in the day. Aqui better than forays music. Not saying I don't like todays music. It's just not as good. Nirvana is great too.

Everyone you mentioned i love! Pearl Jam is my favorite. I feel like Eddie Vedder just pours all his emotion into his songs and his lyrics are the best ever written... In my opinion. But Nirvana is amazing too. Our Lady Peace is my 2nd fave band.

I'm kind of burnt out on the likes of Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Nirvana is still good though. I think my two favorite Albums are Nevermind and Incesticide. Sometimes I still listen to Soundgarden and Alice and Chains as well.

While I do love 90s music you have to remember that for every song like Smells Like Teen Spirit we had a song like Barbie Girl, same with every decade of music. Music today is not awful if you aren't listening to the pop music on the radio, there are many excellent acts in all genres who aren't on the radio but produce some very good albums and perform great concerts so I'd say music is still good today.

June

I used to be a huge grunge and 90s alternative fan, and still kind of am. Bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden, The Verve Pipe, Sponge, Alice in Chains, The Foo Fighters, Magic Dirt, and many more bands had me hooked for the longest time. Amazing, amazing music. The 90s did have some stuff that a single band today can't hold a candle to.

I do agree with pajamakitten though. There are some good bands today that aren't very mainstream. Cage the Elephant, The Limousines, and Evanescence are some of my favorite bands that show hope for music today.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto123 View Post
    Nirvana
    best music existing

the 90s
    best decade for music.

do you agree the music playing these days are just awful?

Quote Originally Posted by huskvarna View Post
    I would say music started going down hill in the 80s and all hope was lost by the 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by paul19 View Post
    Not saying I don't like todays music. It's just not as good.
    http://plus4chan.org/b/mspa/src/132021001396.gif

Hipster CENTRAL in this thread.

I had a lot of bands I liked from the 80's. Hell, the company I work for just put on our 30th anniversary party a couple months ago and we had a private concert with Billy Idol that was an absolute blast!!!

Even so, I will agree with others that there are many good bands out there that are not "mainstream" but more on the fringes. Old Metallica is good, love Foo Fighters, Seether, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, Korn, New Medicine, Iron Maiden, Halestorm, and more. I also enjoy some of the original Heavy Metal artists such as Beethoven, Grieg, and others.

I agree that every decade had its share of horrible stuff. Can you say Tiffany or Debbie Gibson? Move ahead to Britney Spears and just shoot yourself before you lose every last brain cell.

DrunknFox

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    http://plus4chan.org/b/mspa/src/132021001396.gif

Hipster CENTRAL in this thread.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny-facebook-fails-description-win1.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	7399
    My argument to the change of music...