Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silicone putty and potential AB uses

Default silicone putty and potential AB uses

So silicone putty is putty that dries in the air into silicone. You can buy it at Michaels and AC Moore. I was wondering if it would be safe to try to make a pacifier out of it. We know that so many people (myself included) wish the nuk 5 came in silicone. Any thoughts on safety feasibility or anything else?

SmokyQuartz

i though pacifiersrus had new silicone adult theats

where do u find the putty?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattfox View Post
    where do u find the putty?
    Michaels and AC Moore like i said. probably online too.

I guess this could be a good idea. You'd have to look at the packaging though. If it changes or leaks chemicals when it gets wet then its probably not good to put in you're mouth. If you were going to try that, I'd say make a small thing first, and make sure it doesn't taste horrible. Then make sure you cant bite it in half, just in case. If all those things check out, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Just be careful, it could go really badly.

After a quick Google search I found that dentists use silicone putty in several different operations, so I'd assume it's at least safe to have in your mouth. But I still probably wouldn't want to anyway, just because.

If you guys don't mind waiting till Monday, i have a friend who teaches Chemistry at the College. I would be willing to ask him is one could make a silicone object for insertion in the mouth using the products you are referring to see if it would be safe. He is a pretty cool guy and will probably assume I am planning to make a home made chew toy or sexual pleasure device.

Do you want me to check into it for you?

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by fragarach View Post
    do you want me to check into it for you?
    yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    If you guys don't mind waiting till Monday, i have a friend who teaches Chemistry at the College. I would be willing to ask him is one could make a silicone object for insertion in the mouth using the products you are referring to see if it would be safe. He is a pretty cool guy and will probably assume I am planning to make a home made chew toy or sexual pleasure device.

Do you want me to check into it for you?
    Sorry for being late but yes.