Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I just had my wisdom teeth pulled today.

Default So I just had my wisdom teeth pulled today.

Would you recommend me sleeping with my pacifier (nuk 5) or do you guys think I should wait some?

I suggest not as it's still a wound which needs to heal. When I had my wisdom tooth out and I still had the cotton on the hole, when I would suck it would cause blood to be sucked out of it.

Because of this I would suggest not.

Won't there be a LOT of bleeding? When I had my wisdom teeth taken out this last summer, I had blood dripping from my gums for 3 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambles View Post
    Won't there be a LOT of bleeding? When I had my wisdom teeth taken out this last summer, I had blood dripping from my gums for 3 days straight.
    Weird, when I had mine pulled last year it slowed to a slight weep after the first hour and I actually felt no pain once the anaesthetic wore off. Maybe I'm just lucky.

The only thing I remember from my Wisdom teeth being taken out is the oral suergon had an accent like Apu from the Simpsons. He asked what kind of music I wanted him to play as I fell asleep, I said "I guess it doesn't matter much since you'll be the only one awake to listen to it." From there, I remember being walked out to a waiting car and then arriving at home and being helped up the steps... my brother looked at me and said "wow, I need some of that shit." I don't remember anything until the next day, but my parents took photographs of me in one of the recliners with pantyhose filled with ice tied around my face while I was passed out.

Im with UncertainDL... I would not... because it seems like it may be irritating to the area that was worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by UncertainDL View Post
    Weird, when I had mine pulled last year it slowed to a slight weep after the first hour and I actually felt no pain once the anaesthetic wore off. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    Wow your lucky! I took extreme pain medication that numbed my whole body and I could STILL feel some pain. Glad it's all over, haha

I wouldn't .. for the same reason you are generally told not to use a straw...

Suction around the wound can actually pull the blood clot that forms over the hole out.. giving you a very painful condition known as dry socket.

I'd wait until everything is good an healed before attempting a pacifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambles View Post
    Wow your lucky! I took extreme pain medication that numbed my whole body and I could STILL feel some pain. Glad it's all over, haha
    Wow that must have sucked , unrelated to the pain. The dentist, after reviewing the x-ray said the wisdom tooth was close to my sinus and I may have adverse affects... Surely enough I did. I get random nose blocks all the time now...

So not so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by UncertainDL View Post
    I suggest not as it's still a wound which needs to heal. When I had my wisdom tooth out and I still had the cotton on the hole, when I would suck it would cause blood to be sucked out of it.

Because of this I would suggest not.
    ^This. I think it took me 3 days till the worst of the bleeding stopped. Day 4 I noticed it like a couple times throughout the day. By day 5 it completely stopped. But then agian healing time depends on the person and the doctor that extracted them.

And of course this cannot be stressed enough DO NOT SUCK ON ANYTHING AND AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS. Because it will screw you over for recovery time.

Other then that hope you have a better 72 hours after removal compared to me @.@

SmokyQuartz

my dad too, and on friday 13!