Thread: Red Bull and diapers.

Default Red Bull and diapers.

I'm just wondering if anyone else drinks Red Bull while they are wearing. It has a diuretic in it, so more urine is produced and expelled. Not to get too graphic but it took me only 1 hour to completely soak an Attends 10M after i drank a 20 oz Red Bull. Luckily i recieved my new suprima plastic pants yesterday, so i dont worry about leaks with these on. Anyone else ever try this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphistoj View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone else drinks Red Bull while they are wearing. It has a diuretic in it, so more urine is produced and expelled. Not to get too graphic but it took me only 1 hour to completely soak an Attends 10M after i drank a 20 oz Red Bull. Luckily i recieved my new suprima plastic pants yesterday, so i dont worry about leaks with these on. Anyone else ever try this out?
    Yep, that's what caffeine does. Just be sure to stay hydrated and don't neglect your salts.

I dont imagine drinking red bull would be any different than drinking soda, except maybe less sugar? its the caffeine thats the diuretic, so basically anything with caffeine will give the same results. the problem with this is, that it dehydrates you. so after a while, if your body isn't getting enough water to replace what you've lost, the diuretic will have no affect, because you won't have enough bodily hydration to increase your urine. in other words, after a while you will actually pee less regardless of how much caffeine you are intaking. if you want to increase the amount you pee for any reason, the best solution is to simply drink more water. its better for you, it will increase the amount of urine much more than any diuretic in a soft drink or energy drink, and if you intake more water than your body needs, it basically goes straight through you. you will start to pee pretty much non-stop. if you want a full diaper or the feeling of 'needing to go', excess water is what you should be taking in, not a diuretic. besides, the diuretic affect of that amount of caffeine is minimal at best.

I keep hydrated, so no worries there but you would have to drink much more water than 20 oz to go as much as you do with a 20 oz red bull. It just helps to start the process.

thats only true really, if you are starting from being dehydrated. if you are already properly hydrated, it won't take very much to tip the balance to having too much water, and since there is virtually nothing to filter, and nothing being taken from the water to give to your body it very quickly goes from your kidneys to your bladder. and it keeps coming, so as long as you continue to intake water, it will keep coming. will it take more than 20 0z? yea I'm sure, but once you tipped the balance, it won't take hardly any to pee. I'm not knocking your method or anything, just so you know. I just want you to be clear that a diuretic will only do so much, and it does more harm than good.