Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who work

Miku

Default For those who work

So if you work at a pharmacy or store like Target or Walmart, then you obviously sell diapers at that store. When someone purchases diapers of any kind (baby, pullups, goodnites, adult) do you ever get... anxious, if you know what I mean? Like, you have to touch the pack in order to ring it up, for me that's enough to arouse me sometimes(touching a pack of diapers >.> I'm weird, kay? :3)..

Do you ever give off some kind of reaction, being a *B/DL? Does it make you nervous or anything? Or is it the same to you as scanning a bag of chips?

Also, in a small pharmacy or drug store, you may be able to see the diaper section from where you work. Does that ever distract you from working or anything?

I might be getting a job in a few months, and I just want some advice on how to act naturally when ringing up diapers on the off chance people decide to buy them.. I don't wanna give off that nervous or suspicious look >.<

Sorry if this is a really really weird thread..

first job? its very likely that you will be far too busy to even care, and after a while you likely won't pay much attention to what people are buying anyway. you just won't have the time to really think about it, unless you end up working somewhere that isn't very busy. in that situation, sorry I can't be much help as I've never worked as a cashier anywhere, but its likely that if you work there long enough the whole idea of being near them or being distracted by them will wear off. that just how things work in general. it won't be as big of a deal after a while as you think.

The only thing on my mind when I work at the store is "is it time to go home yet". Advice, scan, bag, and say "thank you, have a nice day". I mean, there really isn't anything to be nervous about. As a cashier, I can honestly say, we do not care what someone buys, after standing on your feet all day, the last thing on your mind is someone buying a pack of diapers.

Miku

Really? Cuz I just keep thinking that when I'm scanning the diapers I'll be like "omg diapers right here in my hand.." and end up running off with them >_>

Quote Originally Posted by TooD View Post
    As a cashier,
    If I were a cashier, I wouldn't have any reaction to baby diapers or children's Pull-ups. That wouldn't even register with my DLism. But I would always be looking out for someone buying adult diapers. I'm sure it would be nothing but old people or people buying for old people, but I couldn't help but be interested in the few times it might not be.

TooD, have you ever seen someone/helped someone buying adult diapers that may have hinted at something possibly more interesting than just an old person or someone buying for an old person?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    If I were a cashier, I wouldn't have any reaction to baby diapers or children's Pull-ups. That wouldn't even register with my DLism. But I would always be looking out for someone buying adult diapers. I'm sure it would be nothing but old people or people buying for old people, but I couldn't help but be interested in the few times it might not be.

TooD, have you ever seen someone/helped someone buying adult diapers that may have hinted at something possibly more interesting than just an old person or someone buying for an old person?
    No, its always been just older people or people buying for an older person. Boring :P

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
    Really? Cuz I just keep thinking that when I'm scanning the diapers I'll be like "omg diapers right here in my hand.." and end up running off with them >_>
    Haha...how I wish I would be there to watch that! I worked in a Grants which sold everything, including diapers. Even though I worked in their camera department, I'd see the customers go by toting their diapers for their little ones. Though diapers really turned me on, I was 18 at the time, I was so busy I didn't have time to think about it. Like others said, after awhile, standing on the hard concrete floor, I had other things to worry about.

Miku

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Haha...how I wish I would be there to watch that! I worked in a Grants which sold everything, including diapers. Even though I worked in their camera department, I'd see the customers go by toting their diapers for their little ones. Though diapers really turned me on, I was 18 at the time, I was so busy I didn't have time to think about it. Like others said, after awhile, standing on the hard concrete floor, I had other things to worry about.
    Ah.. I see. Hm.. I just don't want diapers to get in the way of my work if I do end up working at a place that sells them. Thanks for your input ^^

You would probably think of it at first, and feel that way, but after handling a bunch of costumers buying diapers, you probably would feel normal handling them.
    Well at least I would

PS, I love what you put your location as...
    unfortunately I cant go there for I took an arrow to the knee

Miku

Quote Originally Posted by MrKittyKat View Post
    You would probably think of it at first, and feel that way, but after handling a bunch of costumers buying diapers, you probably would feel normal handling them.
    Well at least I would

PS, I love what you put your location as...
    unfortunately I cant go there for I took an arrow to the knee
    Invest $10 in knee pads ;3