Thread: Established Contributor!!

Talking Established Contributor!!

I wasn't 100% sure where to put this so I picked here. (this is sort of long, you've been warned)

I am SUPER excited! Today I was just promoted to an Established Contributor. I know it's not much because that's what most people are, but, I feel so...good. I feel like I'm actually part of something. Its great! Its awesome to know that there are other people who feel the way I do.

It's great to know you aren't alone. And to know that there are some truly intelligent people who are part of this society. Which is something i was unsure of before joining this site. Most of the people i met/talked to previously, were just borderline illiterate and wanting me to mommy them and constantly talking about sexual things and poopy diapers.

I was really embarrassed to be AB because of that. I always thought, well people are going to know, then look at the people I've talked to, and be like, "wow shes really dumb. Its not worth getting to know her". So that has caused me a lot of stress.

For a while I also thought that was all there was to being AB, was people liking poopy diapers. Which is not currently, and probably not ever, a category I fit into. It's extremely disheartening.

Then i joined a site that was originally created for ABDL (a while ago) but has turned into a more 18+ sexual fetish site. That also didn't help too much. It gave me a new perspective on what it means to some people to be ABDL, but since for me personally, its not always 100% sexual, as it seemed to be for most people there, i still really didn't fit in the way i wanted to.

Then a friend suggested this site. I poked around and figured since there is such a huge community here I'd join and it couldn't hurt, right? And since I've joined I've learned so much. It's only been a week, and I've learned more than I ever have. Everyone I have seen has been intelligent and offered really helpful information/opinions.

I am so thankful for this site and everyone who has welcomed me and clarified everything for me. Only thing I feel this site lacks a little bit, is information for caregivers, I intend to look harder and possibly ask some questions to get the info I'm looking for.

(oh and btw if anyone could give me a little bit more specific direction on where to find all this special EC stuff, that'd be great too!)

There's no really special "EC" stuff.

You should have a new forum listed under the Requests one that's for Established Contributors, but it's not really used much. At least, it wasn't back in my day.

I should get a cane and wave it around when I talk...

(For the EC Stuff, there are pretty much 2 things to note 1. Getting verified which you can read more about by clicking the "ECs" button thing beside the rules, then click "Get Verified" 2. The EC special forum, which can be found on the home page at the bottom of all the forums.)
    I was also very excited when I was promoted to an EC, I felt like I accomplished something. I also felt like I fit in better. Out of all the sites about AB/DL stuff out there, this is definitely my favourite. Being only 17 (15 when I started looking into this sort of thing) all the sites I found were directed more towards meeting people to date that are full of a bunch of creepy older males. I am bisexual so I got quite a few comments like that on places like DiaperSpace. I find it is a lot more relaxed here, more open.
    I think the reason there isn't much information about caregivers is they are rarer compared to AB's. But I am sure any other caregiver you come by would be more than happy to talk with you.
    Anyway, I am happy this place has helped you out as much as it has me.

There is an article which lists some of the differences between adisc levels which you might find useful. There's also a couple of sticky threads inside the Established Contributor forum that you might want to read.

I'd like to echo what you said earlier. One of the awesome things about this site is that it's not just another diaper site. It sells itself as a support community and it lives up to that description.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    I think the reason there isn't much information about caregivers is they are rarer compared to AB's. But I am sure any other caregiver you come by would be more than happy to talk with you.
    Thanks =] and I'm sure people would help out, it's just I can't always think of things to ask/say in order to get the information I want (sometimes I don't know the info I want x] ) I was just commenting on the lack of threads and such =]. I'm sure if i look harder I'll find something that will spark some questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    I should get a cane and wave it around when I talk...
    That would be hilarious! I'm sure you're not that old anyways! Age is just how you feel =D

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    There is an article which lists some of the differences between adisc levels which you might find useful. There's also a couple of sticky threads inside the Established Contributor forum that you might want to read.
    Thanks! I did read those but they didn't really explain where to find these things. Just that they existed. But with the help provided and some searching I found them! So thanks guys!

Welcome to the big leauges! All I can say is enjoy the ride that is ADISC. I've been a part of this for four years and it's one of the AB places I feel comfortable around even though I'm not as popular as other members are so enjoy the ride!

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Welcome to the big leagues! All I can say is enjoy the ride that is ADISC. I've been a part of this for four years and it's one of the AB places I feel comfortable around even though I'm not as popular as other members are so enjoy the ride!

WildThing121675
    Thanks!! It means a lot.

Congratulations as well. I was excited and pleased when I first made that. Like you said, the best part is being accepted by the members on this site. It's like we are this big family, sort of a Rugrat family....teehee.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Congratulations as well. I was excited and pleased when I first made that. Like you said, the best part is being accepted by the members on this site. It's like we are this big family, sort of a Rugrat family....teehee.
    I know! It's great! And thanks =]