Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again... another AB on TV: This time Dr. Phil

Default Here we go again... another AB on TV: This time Dr. Phil

Surprised no one else bought it up here yet or if I'm just too lazy to check- sorry, insomnia run rampant lately.

You know, I was wondering when he'd finally do a show on AB's. He did one on a girl who couldn't live without her blankie and acted like a child once before and at the time, I wondered if he would ever do an AB episode. Well, tomorrow we get to see him do one.

It airs nationally tomorrow and I will be grudgingly checking it out to see how bad we come off with Dr. Phil.

Was surprised no one else her has posted on it.

I'll check it tout tomorrow afternoon. It airs at 5p my time and I will check it out even though I generally cannot stand Dr. Phil and think he's a Texas blow-hard.

I found out about it on DD, just so anyone asks.

WildThing121675

I just saw that earlier today. I'm getting nerve about it because my mom likes to watch Dr. Phil too.I don't really watch Dr. Phil either, but I plan on watching it in secret in my room out of curiosity.

Cherub

That sucks, I will be at work when it airs. I wont get to see it. Maybe I can seek a peek or two from a break room at work. If not, I will have to hope someone eventually puts it (in whole or in part) on uTube.

Miku

Quote Originally Posted by LittleStar View Post
    I just saw that earlier today. I'm getting nerve about it because my mom likes to watch Dr. Phil too.I don't really watch Dr. Phil either, but I plan on watching it in secret in my room out of curiosity.
    Same here.. Mom loves that show, so does my grandma, and I know they'll watch it and discuss it.. I'll have to watch it in my room as well :T

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by LittleStar View Post
    If it bothers you that much, think censorship; The cable could go down *snip snip*, or the dish could be knocked out of alignment by an Act of God with a sudden whoosh of wind.

I will be able to give my opinion on this show when it is aired on this side of the pond in around 2016. Yes, it will take that long.

pamperchu

I think I know this person, I sent them a bunch of my diaper tapes in the mail, Hopes they show up on TV!

So what does everyone suppose will be the conclusion of doctor Phil towards it? I have only watched a little bit of him, but from how much he likes to talk, I'm willing to assume that he might not hear out the AB on this one. I'm assuming a lot of things here, but I've gathered the feeling that Dr. Phil likes to think he knows everything he is talking about.

FurryKid

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I have only watched a little bit of him, but from how much he likes to talk, I'm willing to assume that he might not hear out the AB on this one. I'm assuming a lot of things here, but I've gathered the feeling that Dr. Phil likes to think he knows everything he is talking about.
    Thats how he always is.

The trailer confused me. Is Dr. Phil trying to help them as a couple? Is he trying to help this guy out of the AB lifestyle? Is he bringing up an "unusual" desire to get people to watch his show? I don't actually watch Dr. Phil, so I can't say anything, but the cynical side of me is leaning towards the their option.

Here is a link to the trailer. Apparently this guy is a decent looking 24yr year old. He's white and not fat at all, and in fact is even a little skinny. He has a retail job during the day, and his girlfriend completely babies him at night. We're talking feeding him, changing his dirty diapers, the whole thing.

The only thing it shows of Dr. Phil's reaction is him, fairly emphatically, as he usually does, telling the guy that he needs to let his girlfriend know that he has no plans to ever 'grow' out of this behavior. Which, from my own observations of the people here at ADISC and my own feelings, I'd say is a more than likely an absolutely correct statement. Of course, the "baby's" answer is left hanging, so we'll have to watch to find out.

For me, I think I'll be more interested in the what the girlfriend has to say about it. Does she get anything out of it or does she secretly feel used and unfulfilled? That's what I want to know!

I've got the DVR set in case I can't get to a TV. The show is on CBS at 3pm CST here in the part of Kansas that gets Wichita TV. It's most likely different in the Topeka and KC areas, but Wichita TV covers about 3/4's of the State.

Dr. Phil.com - Shows - Unusual Syndromes and Fears

---------- Post added at 06:10 ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 ----------

Question: I've got a video capture set up on my laptop, and can record the show from my DVR onto my computer. Does anyone know if it would be illegal for me to upload it somewhere? I would think after is airs on National TV, it should be legal, but does anyone know for sure? Also, if it's legal, where's a good place to upload it so people here that can't see it on TV can watch it online?