Thread: Hello From the Great State of Maine.

Default Hello From the Great State of Maine.

Hello,

I am a DL from Coastal Maine. I am one of the few people who likes Depends for everyday use and Bambino for special occasion.

I'm a professional in my mid-thirties. I am a student of history (even have a piece of ornate paper that says so and moral philosophy. I am an adjunct prof. that lectures on the Neo-Moral philosophy for a couple of bucks a semester and I tutor in Humanities and American History. I am a devout rational Anarchist with a belief in a non religion based faith in God. (try saying God and Anarchist in your mind and see if it doesn't sound odd)

On a Side note, a rational Anarchist deplores the initiation of violence so don't think I wish to discuss the latest article in TALIBOMB monthly with you, Violence may solve a problem but the consequences are usually more costly than a peaceful alternative would have been... and more messy for the people caught in the middle.

I have just started studying mechanical engineering because machinery fascinates me! (and not a lot of money in philosophy right now...)

I am a gamer... no that's not right... I am a game Junkie. Fallout series , Elder Scrolls series, Bioshock1, 2 and soon "infinite" the list goes on but those are my favorites. I also sail and teach ocean navigation to teens in the sailing club.
    This is Maine and I do the obligatory Hunting, Fishing, climbing and Ice Drinking,,, i mean ice fishing, ya ya fishing...thats what we do all night in a small shack on the ice...fish... and maybe a bottle of scotch gets passed around
    Lastly I am a Disabled Veteran of the US Military, but that was another life.
    Anyway, guess that is the highlights. Nice to find you folks.

Hi Fragarach!

First, thanks for risking your life to save others by serving the the armed forces.

Nice introduction. Tell me, how is the ice fishing this season? Is it really as fun as fishing over open waters?

And welcome to ADISC! I'm sure you get a lot of value from exploring the whole site, and you'll make plenty of chill friends along the way.

- Will =)

http://load.hostphotofree.com/040bacea0a4864e6722f95caa3003121/adisc-welcome-Jpeg-sm.jpg

Hello Fellow Mainer!
    It's always nice to meet others that live here as well.

Hi there Fragarach, sounds like you lead a very interseting lifestyle! Great intro and welcome. I look forward to reading some of your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    Hello,

I am a DL from Coastal Maine. I am one of the few people who likes Depends for everyday use and Bambino for special occasion.
    Welcome fellow New Englander. There are plenty of us here from the bottom of Connecticuit to the tip of Maine. I went to the Loring Job Corps Center in Limestone a few years back and I had my taste of the northern Winter. As a Vermonter I was mildly impressed. :P

I'm also a Depends user when they are affordable. I remember Attends with fondness as the diapers aren't as cumbersome and twice as absorbant. The last time I got them they were a dollar a bag at a special clearance sale some medical supply shop was having.

I'm a professional in my mid-thirties. I am a student of history (even have a piece of ornate paper that says so and moral philosophy.

<Snip>

I have just started studying mechanical engineering because machinery fascinates me! (and not a lot of money in philosophy right now...)
    It's true. Philosophy is mostly probono. Although you can apply your ethical and moral education to the advancement of technology. I'm sure half of the greener technologies we've developed over the years were churned out by philosophy majors.

Elder Scrolls series,
    I'm a fan of any open ended RPG. I wouldn't mind checking out Skyrim but I'm not in a position to bog myself down with a lot of material posessions at the moment so an X-box 360 is out of the question.

Lastly I am a Disabled Veteran of the US Military.
    As another all ready said, thank you for your service and more importantly, thank you for making it back safely. My brother did a tour of service in Iraq and he's been back home for a couple of years now.

If you don't mind me asking, is the disability tied in with your diaper usage, or is that a largely voluntary aspect of your life?

I am a gamer... no that's not right... I am a game Junkie. Fallout series , Elder Scrolls series, Bioshock1, 2 and soon "infinite" the list goes on but those are my favorites. I also sail and teach ocean navigation to teens in the sailing club.
    This is Maine and I do the obligatory Hunting, Fishing, climbing and Ice Drinking,,, i mean ice fishing, ya ya fishing...thats what we do all night in a small shack on the ice...fish... and maybe a bottle of scotch gets passed around
    Weird frickin weather we've been having this year, not sure if down at the coast you've gotten more than an inch or two of snow to stick, 59 weather on new years eve. Also I've always been curious of the policy of tagging a deer crossing the street with your car, do you get to keep it as long as it was "an accident," they're getting to be quite a danger in town here.

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    Welcome fellow New Englander. There are plenty of us here from the bottom of Connecticuit to the tip of Maine. I went to the Loring Job Corps Center in Limestone a few years back and I had my taste of the northern Winter. As a Vermonter I was mildly impressed. :P

I'm also a Depends user when they are affordable. I remember Attends with fondness as the diapers aren't as cumbersome and twice as absorbant. The last time I got them they were a dollar a bag at a special clearance sale some medical supply shop was having.

It's true. Philosophy is mostly probono. Although you can apply your ethical and moral education to the advancement of technology. I'm sure half of the greener technologies we've developed over the years were churned out by philosophy majors.

I'm a fan of any open ended RPG. I wouldn't mind checking out Skyrim but I'm not in a position to bog myself down with a lot of material posessions at the moment so an X-box 360 is out of the question.

As another all ready said, thank you for your service and more importantly, thank you for making it back safely. My brother did a tour of service in Iraq and he's been back home for a couple of years now.

If you don't mind me asking, is the disability tied in with your diaper usage, or is that a largely voluntary aspect of your life?
    To answer your last question. No my military disability has no connection to my DL. I have done extensive self research on why I am the way I am. Psych docs tell me its just a fetish or a "non harmful reaction in response to some unknown event of your early youth manifesting in an unusual way through the use of diapers", A mystic told me I picked up a shard of a soul of a murdered kid... that was creepy as hell. Another person told me that it was a genetic predisposition that at some point in my development I retained a comfort value associated with diapers, much like the way many people love satin lined fringed blankets or certain foods.It become associated with safe or comfort.
    Frankly, at this point in my life I just don't care about the causality as much as I do the reality. I am me and diapers are a part of it, if some wants to judge me poorly because of it, i will simply ask them "by what right, by what standard" and leave it at that.

Skyrim is one of the best OE-RPG I have ever played, when you can, I suggest it as a fine way to relax.

As for green tech and philosophy. Maybe, but I tend to give "the Green Movement" some serious speculation, Green tech seems to equate with Green Cash more often then it does with true environmental responsibility.

As for attends. I gave up when they went all cheap and cloth-ie on me. Depends have always held true to its plastic backed nature and I have the cash and capacity to change them when ever I wet, so prolonged use is a non-issue for me. Slim and comfortable for daily use.

Nice to meet you and hope to chat more later. Right now I have to get back to work.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
    Weird frickin weather we've been having this year, not sure if down at the coast you've gotten more than an inch or two of snow to stick, 59 weather on new years eve. Also I've always been curious of the policy of tagging a deer crossing the street with your car, do you get to keep it as long as it was "an accident," they're getting to be quite a danger in town here.
    Not to mention the damned -17 we had this past Sunday/Monday followed today by 42 degrees and sunny today! Makes me nervous because the kids have already started ice racing on the Androscoggin River and at the pond tracks.
    I don't think you "tag" a deer in the traditional sense when you bump it with your truck. What i have seen is the state troopers come and fill out a special form and you take that to a butcher shop and they will send in the number and butcher the meat for you.
    How far up are you? I assume you are inland? I spend a bunch of time in Lewiston/Auburn but that is about as far in as I have been in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
    I've claimed many deer that way and boy oh boy is it expensive. I've totaled about three cars within the last 4 years alone. My last one fortunately only damaged the front end of my SUV. I'm not sure why they all seem to be attracted to me. lol Of course I know they're not but it sure does seem like that. Anyways, each and every time the local Constable, Officer, or State Trooper all asked if I wanted it and they then filled out a tag, which you are supposed to keep until the deer/meat is gone. It's then up to you as to how to want to proceed. IE; Take it to someone or do it yourself if you're so inclined.

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

To answer your last question. No my military disability has no connection to my DL. I have done extensive self research on why I am the way I am. Psych docs tell me its just a fetish or a "non harmful reaction in response to some unknown event of your early youth manifesting in an unusual way through the use of diapers", A mystic told me I picked up a shard of a soul of a murdered kid... that was creepy as hell. Another person told me that it was a genetic predisposition that at some point in my development I retained a comfort value associated with diapers, much like the way many people love satin lined fringed blankets or certain foods.It become associated with safe or comfort.
    Frankly, at this point in my life I just don't care about the causality as much as I do the reality. I am me and diapers are a part of it, if some wants to judge me poorly because of it, i will simply ask them "by what right, by what standard" and leave it at that. Skyrim is one of the best OE-RPG I have ever played, when you can, I suggest it as a fine way to relax.

As for green tech and philosophy. Maybe, but I tend to give "the Green Movement" some serious speculation, Green tech seems to equate with Green Cash more often then it does with true environmental responsibility.

As for attends. I gave up when they went all cheap and cloth-ie on me. Depends have always held true to its plastic backed nature and I have the cash and capacity to change them when ever I wet, so prolonged use is a non-issue for me. Slim and comfortable for daily use.

Nice to meet you and hope to chat more later. Right now I have to get back to work.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

Not to mention the damned -17 we had this past Sunday/Monday followed today by 42 degrees and sunny today! Makes me nervous because the kids have already started ice racing on the Androscoggin River and at the pond tracks.
    I don't think you "tag" a deer in the traditional sense when you bump it with your truck. What i have seen is the state troopers come and fill out a special form and you take that to a butcher shop and they will send in the number and butcher the meat for you.
    How far up are you? I assume you are inland? I spend a bunch of time in Lewiston/Auburn but that is about as far in as I have been in years.
    If you don't mind me asking what branch of the service where you affiliated with? I spent 8 years in the Army & Army Reserve myself and it's nice to hear from others with similar experiences.