Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life After Death...

Default Life After Death...

To those of you fellow wizards out there, do the names Black hole, Theater of Magic, Gorgar, Earth Shaker, Maverick, Space Station, and Funhouse "ring some bells"?
    Do you miss the scent of hot solenoids as your pointer fingers start to burn?
    Do companies like Williams, Baily, Data East, and Stern being back fond memories of the arcade?
    What would you do to beat around a metal bearing all day again?

Save Pinball.... buy a machine!

Well, none of you know this about me, my father and I are total pinball geeks... and collectors. We currently only have one machine... one of 724 of its kind left, called Laser Ball, Williams, circa 1979. Pinball, is a staple of gaming. Without pinball, there would be no modern video games. For without Pinball, there would be no arcade.

So.. that's what this thread is about, Pinball. No video Pinball either.... REAL pinball.

Pinball is always fun to play.....I remember playing Funhouse a while back ago.
    Last edited by Dream; 04-Sep-2008 at 20:21.

One of my friends had a pinball machine in his house, it was a Dracula one. I've played for countless hours, and when he moved away, I really wanted to buy my own machine! They're not cheap though, like $1500-$3500 for a cool one. But Pinball is by far the greatest arcade game ever

Not True Kams, we got our machine for $75 .. yes seventy five American dollars.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Depends on where you get them from. I'Ve bought a slot machine for as low as 50 Euros off EBay. If you buy them from professional sellers, you can easily spend 10 times as much!

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Depends on where you get them from. I'Ve bought a slot machine for as low as 50 Euros off EBay. If you buy them from professional sellers, you can easily spend 10 times as much!

Peachy
    we have 3 slot machines in our game room we got our for free from my uncle who bought this warehouse full of slot machines and sweet pool tables ( we got one of those 2 w/t a rack and light fixture to go over it) even a poker set.....

but yeah we just have to use these tokens not real money to play....

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Well I didn't look in to it a whole lot, but that's just from what I saw. It'd be great to find one for $75, but I'm not sure if I have anywhere to put it

Ever since I was a young boy
    I've played the silver ball
    From Soho down to Brighton
    I must have played them all
    But I ain't seen nothing like him
    In any amusement hall
    That deaf, dumb and blind kid
    Sure plays a mean pinball

Ain't got no distractions;
    Can't hear no buzzers and bells.
    Don't see no lights a-flashin';
    He plays by sense of smell.