Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem: Vista and Downloaded Files

Default Problem: Vista and Downloaded Files

I, against my will, am using Vista. I'm not 100% sure if I can change it so can I please not have any suggestions that that is what I do.

However I have a specific problem, and I wondered if anyone here has come across it or knows how to fix it. When viewing Documents, Downloads etc I have some downloaded files in there. However, if I am in a window with too many downloaded files then after between 10 seconds and a minute windows explorer shuts down and restarts itself. This also happens if I try to do anything to the downloaded files. It does not happen if I download them to desktop, but this looks messy and as soon as I put them someplace else the problem starts again.

So, any of you experienced or heard of this? Anyone have a solution?

Im not sure whats happening... What happens to me is, the files that I download , dont go to the directory that I chose. They go to the trashes folder on my thumb drive! (no... It is pulgged into my computer, my PC isn't a ghost) there are definetly still some annoying problems with vista. (I even have ultimate...) I am contemplating downgrading back to the xp disk that I have...

P.S. Did you accidentily delete your recycling bin? Because I did... How is that possible?!?! I was able to get it back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post

P.S. Did you accidentily delete your recycling bin? Because I did... How is that possible?!?! I was able to get it back though.
    No, I didn't think its was possible.

Chances are you got rid of the shortcut. If you got rid of the trash can on your desktop, then you just 'hidded'/got rid of one of the ways to get to it. I usually remove it to make the desktop much tidier. But there is still many other ways to get to it. But I never use the recycle bin. Because not only does the idea of recycling data sound rather idiotic. But I know what to keep and what to get rid of, usually duplicates or simple one off files I can get back off the internet.

As to the original Question, I have no real idea as I have never experienced. But my guess is there is some file, probably a media file causing the explorer some pain. As it tries to do fancy stuff like load it and show a random frame as the icon etc... But I wonder if there is a way to disable this and possible prevent it. And generally making the explorer faster and smoother to use.

But that is just a guess.

Yes that is possible.

Config screen --> folder options --> view --> 3rd from top in the list. (beware, I run a stupid dutch version and translated it, names don't have to be exactly the same.)

Darkfinn

I believe this thread could have been better entitled "Problem: Vista"

Sorry I can't be of more help... maybe you should try this new Windows Mojave that MS keeps raving about... it's supposed to be a lot better LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    (beware, I run a stupid dutch version and translated it, names don't have to be exactly the same.)
    I suppose that the store was sold out of the Smart Dutch version when you bought your machine? That's too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by betagame View Post
    No, I didn't think its was possible.
    I didn't think it was possible for you to return after you got banned... but what do ya' know... a few days later and here you are again.

I been using Vista since March and I haven't have that problem before. I have a folder with 440 downloads songs in it and it never shut down on me when I view it. Maybe there a bug or something that causing it to a happened .

It possible to delete your recycling bin. Just right click on it and select delete and that how you delete it but you can restore it if you want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I didn't think it was possible for you to return after you got banned... but what do ya' know... a few days later and here you are again.
    Seriously, what do you have against Betagame? That was really uncalled for.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Seriously, what do you have against Betagame? That was really uncalled for.
    I made a whole thread detailing my issues a while back... 20 or so other users agree with me.
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/regulars-...-out-user.html

I made a whole thread detailing my issues a while back... 20 or so other users agree with me.
    I know, I remember that thread.

Yeah, while 20 others don't, as proven by the number of members in the Betagame group.

Aaanyway, back on topic, it's probably not Vista, it works fine with me. Are you sure it didn't overheat (if it's a laptop)? You could try scanning your system, too.