Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Checking your diaper for wetness

funseeker

Default Checking your diaper for wetness

How do you check your wet diaper to know how full it is?
    Look? Feel? Have someone else look?
    Wait till it leaks?

I am always feeling the diaper area when I think no one is looking.
    If you have no pants on then the wetness may be shown on the indicator.
    If your plastic pants are solid in color do you pull them down?

Any tips?

Generally, if you pinch the diaper, and it's quite "Slimy" feeling between the plastic, it's expanded all of the SAP in that area, thus meaning that particular area is soaked. Best place to check(For males at least) is on the inner back thigh area, if it is soaked there, you probably won't last another heavy wetting and should change soon. YMMV though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    Generally, if you pinch the diaper, and it's quite "Slimy" feeling between the plastic, it's expanded all of the SAP in that area, thus meaning that particular area is soaked. Best place to check(For males at least) is on the inner back thigh area, if it is soaked there, you probably won't last another heavy wetting and should change soon. YMMV though.
    Way should that be the best place for a check?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Assuming you meant why, and the reason for that is, typically back there is where the leak guards no longer cover the edge of the absorbent material, thus making it more likely that you will leak without extreme conditions(IE: You'll obviously leak if you're soak up front and start mashing it around up there a lot)

P.S. /jealous of you having a SGS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    Assuming you meant why, and the reason for that is, typically back there is where the leak guards no longer cover the edge of the absorbent material, thus making it more likely that you will leak without extreme conditions(IE: You'll obviously leak if you're soak up front and start mashing it around up there a lot)

P.S. /jealous of you having a SGS2.
    But way is that the best way to check for a male?

I can generally tell how 'used' my diaper is by the way it sits between my legs. I do sometimes check that there is no wetness around the legs though. If it's damp there then the next wetting will usually cause a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I can generally tell how 'used' my diaper is by the way it sits between my legs. I do sometimes check that there is no wetness around the legs though. If it's damp there then the next wetting will usually cause a leak.
    Can it dont depend of what type of diapers you have on?

generally it is a feel and go type of thing. You get a feel for your diapers, whichever brand you are using, and you just know, based on your own unique body how many wettings the diaper can take. For me, generally when I start to feel a sag in the lower crotch of the diaper I know its time is about up. Another tell-tail sign is if after a wetting you feel a little liquid move in the diaper, i.e. it can't be absorbed yet as the diaper needs space to relocate the liquid. This is your red alert that it is time to change as another wetting, especially a flood will leak

This is something that you mostly have to get a "feel" for by experience. I think the best way to test what your diaper can handle is to ear and wet it in an environment where you can wear it until it leaks without fear of a disaster, ie, in the privacy of your own home. You should fairly quickly get an idea of how the diaper feels when it's near capacity. A word of caution: never test out a new type of diaper in a public setting or anywhere where it would cause bigproblems if you leak.