Thread: Hiya, everyone!

Default Hiya, everyone!

While I'm not new to the whole net forum scene, I am new to... Well, you guys know. Right? ;P

Anyways. I'm still a student (social studies/history/languages etc). I read too many books, I take on too many classes, and I don't attend half of them as diligently as I should.

I've never actually participated on a forum like this, and it's all very new to me, this.. You know. Being honest with yourself-thing. Still a bit torn between closing the site and returning later (as in next year), and just getting it over with and hoping something good will come of hanging around.
    So here's my question, and hopefully something you guys can respond with apart from a good old hello; Did you feel like that, and how did you get over it?

Thanks, hope you guys are having a good Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Hello! I'm also new to this site and I sort of have the same issues as you I guess. Well I suppose I'm jumping to the conclusion that you don't know whether you should ignore what you feel for a while and see if it disappears, and that you fear getting too involved with this all. Though no doubt I'm completely wrong about this.

In some ways, I feel like I shouldn't want all of this, and that I shouldn't give in - instead I should just try to ignore my desires and hope they go away. However, I don't feel like that's going to happen, when I'm being completely honest with myself, so instead I'm trying to embrace it more, but of course just because I have an interest in this, it won't dominate my life, nor will it yours. (If that is something you have been thinking about, as I know it did cross my mind before)

I've been trying to do is accept myself for who I am, since as a teen there's quite a lot to learn about yourself I guess, and it's been helping me cope quite a bit I think. Mostly, I've just been telling myself that there's nothing wrong with wanting any of this, and that it's just something about me that I don't need to change.

So if you want my advice, try using this for a little while, make some friends (I'd be more than happy to get to know you, even though we have a bit of an age difference) and perhaps buy a few things and see what you think (I'm sort of jumping to the conclusion you're in a similar boat to me and have never worn, though I'm probably completely wrong). You never know what could happen.

I hope I kind of helped you somehow, or at least put your mind at rest a little, though it's not too likely I'm afraid.

Anyway, I've been kind of forward about that (if only I could always be as forward about things xDD) so I'm sorry if I terrified you or something similar.

Moving on, you said you read a lot, what kinds of books do you like? Do you have any particular favourites?

Once again, I'm really sorry if I put you off (please don't judge everyone here based on me) and it would be lovely to hear back from you. ^.^

High five, yess!

I can't remember much about when I joined. Pretty much I just dinked around in chat for a while and found some cool people there, all while posting about nothing in particular in threads. Well that's as vague as it gets I guess, have fun!

Blimey, I'm rubbish at this... Sorry! x)

TheFifthMarauder: Oo, a Harry Potter-fan?

Those are issues I've struggled with, but since my first memory of "this is a weird thing to like, huh?" occurred at roughly age 7, I don't think I can pretend it isn't there. Still, it's not without struggle that I've come to accept that when people laugh at strange fetishes, I'll be folding my hands, trying not to think "Good thing you can't read my thoughts".

I've been 15, too, and when you get to be 24 you'll discover that you don't feel any older than you do now, not any smarter or any further along. I hated being 15, for the reasons you mentioned. So yeah, I wouldn't mind.

Hearing (/reading/seeing) that there are _normal_ people out there who still have their heads filled with stuff that would make most people giggle does put my mind eat ease, at least a little bit. Y'know? So no, you definitely didn't put me off! Haha.

Really, I'll read anything if it stands still long enough. I'm hung up on Kate Morton at the moment. And you?

Point: That terrifies me. :P What in the world would I say in a chat? I'd just clam up or get sarcastic. Ah, I'm sure I'll figure it out.
    Vague is good! Nice to hear from you. ;P

http://load.hostphotofree.com/040bacea0a4864e6722f95caa3003121/adisc-welcome-Jpeg-sm.jpg

Hi DreamInColor!

Welcome to ADISC

I think that once you get used to the fact that there are 18,000 like-minded people here,
    and we are going through many of the same things, then you will be able to accept us better, and also to accept this part of yourself better.

We are the lucky ones, imagine what it would have been like 20+ years ago when there were no ABTBDL websites and no one knew other DLs really.

If I ws you, I'd go at my own pace, no rush, there's no deadlines to DREAMING,
    and why not DREAM IN COLOR ? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamincolour View Post
    While I'm not new to the whole net forum scene, I am new to... Well, you guys know. Right? ;P

Anyways. I'm still a student (social studies/history/languages etc). I read too many books, I take on too many classes, and I don't attend half of them as diligently as I should.

I've never actually participated on a forum like this, and it's all very new to me, this.. You know. Being honest with yourself-thing. Still a bit torn between closing the site and returning later (as in next year), and just getting it over with and hoping something good will come of hanging around.
    So here's my question, and hopefully something you guys can respond with apart from a good old hello; Did you feel like that, and how did you get over it?

Thanks, hope you guys are having a good Saturday night/Sunday morning.
    Hi there Dreamincolour, to aswer your question about having strange feelings about all of this and being uneasy, well I think that most people go through this phase and probably a lot still do wrestle with the idea. It's not an easy interest or fetish to deal with having as we all know and I guess there are three main things you can do about it which include 1) Ignoring it completely, 2) Accepting it and exploring it, and 3) Somewhere between the two, my guess would be that most people here have gone through patches of all three of these frames of mind and after long consideration and thought, have made a long-term decision. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're definitely not the only one! As for talking to people on here, I've found that many of the areas including chat don't feature nappy/ diaper topics too often as most of that ends up in the designated areas of the forum. So when you go onto chat or comment on a thread, it's mostly everyday topics so it's all very laid back and casual, this is what I've found anyway and most people on here seem to be really nice too. Well I hope that was some help to you feel free to message me if you ever want to

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian85 View Post
    Hi there Dreamincolour, to aswer your question about having strange feelings about all of this and being uneasy, well I think that most people go through this phase and probably a lot still do wrestle with the idea. It's not an easy interest or fetish to deal with having as we all know and I guess there are three main things you can do about it which include 1) Ignoring it completely, 2) Accepting it and exploring it, and 3) Somewhere between the two, my guess would be that most people here have gone through patches of all three of these frames of mind and after long consideration and thought, have made a long-term decision. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're definitely not the only one! As for talking to people on here, I've found that many of the areas including chat don't feature nappy/ diaper topics too often as most of that ends up in the designated areas of the forum. So when you go onto chat or comment on a thread, it's mostly everyday topics so it's all very laid back and casual, this is what I've found anyway and most people on here seem to be really nice too. Well I hope that was some help to you feel free to message me if you ever want to
    It does help knowing that I'm not alone, but as many others, I've been... Shall we say, scared silly by the sheer intensity I've seen other people express on other sites. Y'know?

This certainly isn't the easiest fetish out there to live with, but I'm very glad to find other like minded people.

Thank you for a great reply!

Quote Originally Posted by wwetbed View Post
    http://load.hostphotofree.com/040bacea0a4864e6722f95caa3003121/adisc-welcome-Jpeg-sm.jpg

Hi DreamInColor!

Welcome to ADISC

I think that once you get used to the fact that there are 18,000 like-minded people here,
    and we are going through many of the same things, then you will be able to accept us better, and also to accept this part of yourself better.

We are the lucky ones, imagine what it would have been like 20+ years ago when there were no ABTBDL websites and no one knew other DLs really.

If I ws you, I'd go at my own pace, no rush, there's no deadlines to DREAMING,
    and why not DREAM IN COLOR ? =)

Haha, love the sign! Thanks!

That's an amazingly good point right there. It could always be worse, right? And by all means, this isn't very bad at all, when you think about it. I'm actually very surprised to see the sheer number of people on here! I'd never have thought there would be anything like this amount.. ^^

I've only got this one pace, and I'm sticking to it! Haha.
    Some people dream in black and white, but I never could figure out which one I am.. ;p