Thread: Dry 24/7 Size Small

Default Dry 24/7 Size Small

I wrote to Gary of XP Medical about putting the new Small size of Dry 24/7 on his website, that is, about selling them or offering samples. Here is a copy and paste of his reply:

Unfortunately the small size that Dry Care manufactures is not the same product specification as the large and medium. The performance of the small size is not as good as the products we already carry in smaller sizes from Abena and Molicare. Until such time as the small size is improved, we do not plan on bringing it into stock.

Just so you know.

He dosnt sound like he would sell anything that dosnt meet his standards .Wish every retailer would stand behind there products like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Superemt View Post
    He dosnt sound like he would sell anything that dosnt meet his standards .Wish every retailer would stand behind there products like him.
    Part of the reason that Gary's standards are so high is that he actually uses the products that he carries. That provides a customer/retailer understanding that you just don't find elsewhere.

That is good to know. I wanted to order some smalls, cause the mediums are too big. Guess I'll stick to medium molicares and abenas.

I have to agree with him on that. The smalls would be a better fit for me, but I continue using the oversized medium Dry 24/7s because their performance (absorbency) is that much better than the smalls.

I have to wonder if the smalls are really leftover stock of the old small/mediums, before they switched to 3 sizes and made improvements to the medium and large sizes. Maybe they're just waiting until the old small/mediums sell out before making an improved batch of smalls...

You know, reading this thread is really disappointing to someone who is waiting for their first ever package of small dry 24/7s to arrive. I had wondered why XP didn't have the smalls on the website. Now I know. I guess I'll see how the small 24/7s compare to the Abenas and Molicares I've used for years.

I'll let everyone know about them when they arrive early next week and how they compare to the small sizes of the other great diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerR View Post
    You know, reading this thread is really disappointing to someone who is waiting for their first ever package of small dry 24/7s to arrive. I had wondered why XP didn't have the smalls on the website. Now I know. I guess I'll see how the small 24/7s compare to the Abenas and Molicares I've used for years.

I'll let everyone know about them when they arrive early next week and how they compare to the small sizes of the other great diapers.
    Yeah... :/

They aren't terrible diapers, really, but instead of being leagues (okay, maybe 1.5-2x) ahead of an Abena in terms of absorbency, I'd say the smalls are more on-par. The diaper itself is about the same size as a medium Abena, but the area of padding is smaller, especially at the front... don't wet heavily at night in these if you're a belly sleeper. Lookin' forward to your comparison.

The smalls are basically on par with the abena m4's an molicare super plus. But I do wish they would improve them like they did with the mediums. Or at least size the mediums down.