Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guies to p2p programs

Default Guies to p2p programs

Disclaimer: This guide is for the downloading of legal uncopyrighted materials should you choose to use the information for illlegal activites you are the only one held liable.

I posted this guide along time ago on the old site but im rewriting after seeing all the people with limewire in the desktop thread.

Ares:
    My recomended program. Always has the files i am looking for and i have never found a virus containing file on here.

Link to Download:Ares

Mp3 Rocket: A good dependable program although if your looking for some rarer or less popular stuff i would go with ares. I used this program for awhile and was satified with it.

Link to download:MP3 Rocket Pro

Limewire: Limewire i have found to be the most virus ridden program i have ever seen Most likely due to the fact that its been arounn for forever and still maintains some popularity. If you use limewire i would recomend at least getting the best anti-virus/spyware/adware you can get.

In all fairness here is the link:Limewire Pro

Torrents: Torrents are great for downloading whole albums moves and ect.

Utorrent link:Utorrent

BitComet link:Bitcomet

After you have a torrent program simply go to any torrent site such as http://www.torrentz.com or http://www.thepiratebay.org and enjoy.

If any needs help starting torrenting or maximizing speed on torrents please fell free to pm or post here.

Edit sorry i messed up title it should be "Guide to P2P programs" if some one could change that i would be very gratefull.

Scan files on Limewire after they are done downloading, never had a problem, aVAST! stops them.

Get aVAST! and then you can Limewire just fine.

What are the actual chances of getting caught using a torrents? Or any legal actions at all?

that was more to protect adisc than yourself never can be too careful

and case you didnt knoe the pirate bay has been shut down like 5 times in as many weeks and demonoid has been down for months(stupid canadian recording industry.)

I THINK, that its VERY low, but not sure. I use Azureus Vuze, not sure on spelling, but I'm sure i'll find a not getting limited guide. However, my Azureus doesn't have the encryption option!

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered4lyfe View Post
    that was more to protect adisc than yourself never can be too careful

and case you didnt knoe the pirate bay has been shut down like 5 times in as many weeks and demonoid has been down for months(stupid canadian recording industry.)
    So, it's safe to use then?

I've been thinking of using torrents instead of google's little 'trick' but all the ones I try get shutdown, so I'm a bit skeptical.

Yes it for the individual persons it's very safe I've been using for years with no negative consequences.

I have both limewire and frostwire which are very simmilar, but I find that frostwire downloads faster.

And frostwire doesn't nag about buying a pro version.

I don't think I have the best version of my Bittorenter, Azureus Vuze, so I'll have to get on TPB and download the one that allows encryption once I get cable, except, they throttle bittorent, and, I wouldn't be able to download the illegal pro version, lol.

I've been using Shareza! for ages...I like it because it links to several networks and also allows me to download torrents...I just click the torrent file on my desktop and it auto-opens Shareza...and downloads...TADA!

NOTE: It is not illegal to download in Canada, it is illegal to upload/share (unless the laws have drastically changed in the last year or two, which I doubt as our legislators have even more frivolous stuff to debate than music downloads! lol).