Thread: *Waves and wags* Hi everyone!

Red face *Waves and wags* Hi everyone!

1. HAI!

Hello world! I'm an uber-geeky college student currently studying network engineering and information security. I'm in my final few trimesters and l can practically see the finish line! I'd be graduating this year but I lost a few credits because I transferred colleges... twice. No worries though, I'm confident that this is the right college for me, and I must say I'm quite happy here!

Upon graduating, I'd love to live outside a major city and commute in for work. There's one city in particular that stole my heart with its town-like charm, scenic fall foliage, and abundance of things to see and do. Plus, my boyfriend lives there! Gosh, what a charmer he is!

2. Why am I here?

So what brings me here? Well... I'm a diaperfur! Ooof, I had to pause after typing that. I'm fairly shy about being a diaperfur, much less a furry, but I hope joining a website such as this will serve as an ice-breaker for me.

Although I've had an interest in diapers for a long time, I didnít have any real exposure to them until my sophomore year of college. I began having some problems at night, which I can blame on a large amount of stress that I was experiencing at the time. Although it sucked at first to have to wear every night, I found myself enjoying it more as time went on. Now that a year has passed, Iím 90% better. Once in a while I might have a problem if I drink too much. Funny story, thatís actually how I shared my interest with another furry that was into it. That was quite the eye-opening New Yearís partyÖ

I've stumbled across furries prior to my diaper wearing, but those interests never crossed paths... until the comic ISB. Looking back, I'm kind of grossed out that I was turned on by that, but I wonít deny that seeing grown furs in diapers was just too cute. And so began my dive into the world of diaperfurs.

To finish this section up, I'd like to answer the question, "Why diaperfur and not babyfur?" To be honest I'm just not that into cubs. While they're undeniably cute, I just can't see myself looking at a picture and saying, "Oh yes, this is good!" I prefer to see or read about teenage or adult furs wearing diapers either for punishment or pleasure (or both!).

3. Interests
    Diapers aside, I'd like to believe that I'm a pretty interesting person. I've been a gamer since pretty much forever and I'm always looking for more people to play with on Steam. I also enjoy watching movies of any genre, listening to music (warning: I'm a bit of a hipster), reading tech magazines like Wired and Popular Science, and scrounging for new art on DeviantArt or FurAffinity. If it's some form of digital media or has to do with modern technology, I dig it. Oh and I draw a little bit to, but shhh, I'm rather shy about it. I've been told I should have a table at FF or AC. Flattering, but I really donít think I'm at that level yet.

Now for the less common interests! Skiing - oh my god, you don't even know how much I love skiing. The scenery, the cold air, the forest whipping past you as you soar down narrow paths! Ugh, love it! Winter in general is just great! (Hurr hurr because youíre a siberian husky, right?)

For the warmer months, I like biking, swimming, and a new favorite of mine is archery. I'm not really interested in hunting, but I've developed an odd attraction to recurve bow marksmanship. L.L. Bean in Freeport, Maine got me hooked with their Outdoor Discovery class. I'm a decent shot, but I hope to improve enough to someday compete.

4. Intent
    Now for the final question: Why am I here?

Not gonna' lie, I'm in it for the stories. I've read a few good stories about gay couples and I'm hoping to find more in the future. Also, I'm hoping to dig up some good diaperfur stories, but those seem a little trickier to find.

While the stories are great, the advice from this site has been good as well. It has definitely helped me become more comfortable with diapers, so if I ever have a question or concern then this will be my first place to turn.

Thatís all for now! Thanks for reading this introduction and I hope to see you around the forum!

SurfinSeaLion

Whew! Judging by that intro, you must be in the right place! Sorry but I could not find it in my attention span to read all of that. I read HAI and Interests. Interests are the best way to make good friends on here. I was very nervous about it as well. But when I joined, I knew it didn't matter because if Adisc was judgemental, then I could just leave. Now I'm nervous because I love it here and don't want anyone to dislike me. Mostly everyone here is very friendly, and there's many furries. I recently became one! I'm a sea lion though. As for your interests, I am a summer kid. But I am in ski club. Any tips for somone who has no control over their speed and almost crashed into a lake on the bunny hill (First go of the year and a years length). But I managed ok and went on a couple of green circles. But anyways, just read intent, if your here for stories, there are some very very talented writers here. I haven't read any with gay couples, but I'm sure there are some. Well, all I can really say now is, Enjoy Adisc!

First thing I must say: That's the best written intro I've seen on here in a long time. o.o Then again, I don't read through intros often .

Second, With the 'Hai' thing, and the 'Hello World' thing...well, it reminded me of a programming language called the 'lolcode'. Ever heard of it?

Lastly, Welcome to ADISC!

~Hal0ispwnd

Quote Originally Posted by Surfingman57 View Post
    Whew! Judging by that intro, you must be in the right place! Sorry but I could not find it in my attention span to read all of that. I read HAI and Interests.
    Oh thatís fine! Thanks for taking the time to even glance at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfingman57 View Post
    As for your interests, I am a summer kid. But I am in ski club. Any tips for someone who has no control over their speed and almost crashed into a lake on the bunny hill (First go of the year and a years length). But I managed ok and went on a couple of green circles.
    Think of skiing as controlled drifting, and be wary that you'll move quicker and change directions slower when the snow is granular and loose. However when it's packed down and powdery then you'll experience greater turning control at the cost of a slower forward speed. As for controlling your speed, slightly dig in to the snow with the sides of your skis when turning to shed off excess speed. Just be careful to keep your balance and not dig in too much or you'll plop down on your side against the mountain! Though I suppose that would hurt less than flying into trees! You can do this to bail-out whenever you feel you're in danger... or just fall to your butt. That works too!

I'm no expert, but I do hope this advice will help you! Oh and don't forget to make a "V", pizza, echelon, etc when you want to slow down when going straight. I'm sure you knew that already

Quote Originally Posted by Hal0ispwnd View Post
    First thing I must say: That's the best written intro I've seen on here in a long time. o.o Then again, I don't read through intros often .

Second, With the 'Hai' thing, and the 'Hello World' thing...well, it reminded me of a programming language called the 'lolcode'. Ever heard of it?

~Hal0ispwnd
    You think it was good? Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Can't say I've heard of lolcode before. I've heard of plenty of programming languages and I have basic skills in JavaScript and C+; just enough to keep my head above water when doing homework or working with networking equipment.

Hi Kota!

Welcome to ADISC!
    Awesome introduction! And I agree with the others that I (we) know you'll have a great time here with ADISC!

Best wished for a great 2012!

~ Will