Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swim Adult Nappies (Diapers)

Default Swim Adult Nappies (Diapers)

Anyone know on where is the best place to order online to buy Swim Adult Nappies (Diapers) ?

thanks

You know, I had the same question a few months ago, but I can't remember the website these guys gave me >.<

And swimming in a diaper, that'd be AWESOME!!!

just a question from someone who hasn't even tried regular diapers.
    Wouldn't plastic pants over a diaper be just as effective, isn't it like the same thing or is there something else in swimdiapers other than they look awsome?

Quote Originally Posted by Reterra View Post
    just a question from someone who hasn't even tried regular diapers.
    Wouldn't plastic pants over a diaper be just as effective, isn't it like the same thing or is there something else in swimdiapers other than they look awsome?
    Plastic pants would almost certainly leak at the waist if completely surrounded by water, especially given that your body twists considerably when swimming. Swim diapers exist to contain faeces - they are useless at containing urine. From a concientious, considerate AB point of view, there really isn't much point to them.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjunior1982 View Post
    Anyone know on where is the best place to order online to buy Swim Adult Nappies (Diapers) ?

thanks
    Try this

To my knowledge, disposable swim nappies for adults simply don't exist.

I've been planning on getting a swim diaper at some point. I'd happily wear one to go swimming, even if I wouldn't use it (unfair on other people) - just because it's another diaper to wear

Just so you know, swim diapers are mostly to contain poop. If peed in the pee just goes in the pool water (a little-kid amount of pee dilutes and disinfects quickly). I lived in a place where someone kept pooping in the pool, however, which is a serious health problem, causing the pool to have to be closed for multiple days.

I saw a couple ads for adult disposable swim diapers in a quick Google search, but they're quite expensive ($8-10 per pant) and having never done business with them I have no way to know whether the companies are legit. I heard that a lot of people here have done business with NorthShoreCare Supply (I haven't) and they seem to sell the re-usable kind. I should also note that swim diapers are not designed the same as regular diapers, since they only contain fecal matter (and arguably not the E. Coli that goes with it). The effectiveness of stopping the spread of disease is also questionable among scientific circles.

You might try this place, thay are in the U.S. but thay ship all over. adultclothdiaper.*om

The first reusable adult swim diapers I was ever aware of came from a company called Gabby's. They come in two styles, as you can see, a pull-up and a Velcro.

As others have said swim diapers are solely to contain feces, not urine, and they have no significant absorptive properties. Urine is sterile and harmless, especially when diluted in large bodies of water. Feces, on the other hand, is nasty stuff that can contaminate an entire swimming pool.

Swim diapers must be tight enough to hold in any accidents long enough for the wearer to get out of the pool. This, along with a flannel lining, also makes them excellent cover-ups for disposable diapers, since they'll catch small urine leaks and keep them from escaping.

-RMS (new here, but longtime DailyDiaper member)