Thread: R.I.P Killer Kowalski

Default R.I.P Killer Kowalski

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/01/sp...ss&oref=slogin

He was pro wrestler back in the day. He is a former 2 time United States Tag Team Champion with Gorilla Monsoon and a former 1 time WWE Tag Team Champion with Big John Studd. He also part of the WWE Hall of Fame.

Later on in his life, He train a lot of wrestler inculde:

Perry Saturn, a former ECW, WCW, and WWE Wrestler
    John Kronus. a former ECW wrestler
    Triple H, WWE wrestler
    Chyna, a former WWE wrestler
    Brittany Brown, a former NWA and WCW Wrestler
    Big John Studd, a former WWE wrestler
    Damien Kane, a former ECW wrestler
    Chris Nowinski, a former WWE wrestler
    A-Train, a former WWE wrestler
    April Hunter, a former TNA wrestler
    Frankie Kazarian, a TNA wrestler
    Nikki Roxx, a TNA wrestler
    Kenny Dykstra, a WWF wrestler
    Kelly Moretti.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/01/sp...ss&oref=slogin

He was pro wrestler back in the day. He is a former 2 time United States Tag Team Champion with Gorilla Monsoon and a former 1 time WWE Tag Team Champion with Big John Studd. He also part of the WWE Hall of Fame.
    Man, does that bring back memories. Thanks for posting it, Eddy. I used to be an avid wrestling watcher back in the 1960s. Killer Kowalski and Gorilla Monsoon were regulars at the time. If I recall correctly, their manager was named Wild Red Berry, and always carried this short cane he would antagonize his wrestler's opponent with while with the referee in the ring before the match began. I also enjoyed seeing Argentino Apollo, Bruno Sammartino(sp?), and BoBo Brazil in the ring, too. Apollo was noted for bouncing around barefoot in the ring. He was very quick and agile, and was always flipping himself around to get his opponent in a hold. Sad to hear of KK's passing.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Man, does that bring back memories. Thanks for posting it, Eddy. I used to be an avid wrestling watcher back in the 1960s. Killer Kowalski and Gorilla Monsoon were regulars at the time. If I recall correctly, their manager was named Wild Red Berry, and always carried this short cane he would antagonize his wrestler's opponent with while with the referee in the ring before the match began. I also enjoyed seeing Argentino Apollo, Bruno Sammartino(sp?), and BoBo Brazil in the ring, too. Apollo was noted for bouncing around barefoot in the ring. He was very quick and agile, and was always flipping himself around to get his opponent in a hold. Sad to hear of KK's passing.

~Pramrider
    Your Welcome...I heard about Bruno Sammartino and BoBo Brazil before...anyway Gorilla Monsoon, BoBo, Apollo and Wild Red Berry have all past away, the only one who still alive that you mention is Bruno, who is in his 70s or 80s I think...Anyway a couple wrestler that past away that I miss are Owen Hart, Brain Pillman, Chris Beniot, Mike Awesome and Eddie Guerrero