Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will they finally realize the high end diaper market potential?

Default When will they finally realize the high end diaper market potential?

4I honestly think companies like Bambino and ABU need to wake up and smell the coffee when it comes to just how much demand there is for truly top end diaper products and just how many people out there have decent amounts of money, and are willing to spend it on a seriously high end product.

ABU gets in Fabine exclusives, they take pre-orders, they make customers wait months for their ordres, they NEVER open up the sales to the general public and instead sell off excess non-pre-orders to their members, and they sell out of the product almost instantly. They sold those things for decent money, and they could not pack them up and ship them off fast enough... Too expensive? Pfft, yeah right, really looks like it....

Bambino goes and makes the Bellisimo diaper, the most expensive, most high end diaper they have ever made. They sell like crazy, they are exclusive to the USA and cannot be shipped to Canada, instead their supplier B4NS will sell them once they get stocked, but THEY SELL OUT of the things before they can even stock up their Canadian supplier. Expensive or not, people wanted the things way more then Bambino comprehended and many of their potential customers are now left out.

I am one of those people in the market for a diaper like this, heck I would buy a package of 100 diapers better then even these for $4 per a diaper (~$300 for a case of 75), but I cannot even buy these current top end diapers because they missed the boat on the supply and demand. I am not willing to pre-pay for a package from ABU and watch once every 2 month updates moving a little ship across the sea but I would have freaking bought an actual complete case had they EVER come available. When they finally arrived from Mars via a trip or two around Pluto for good measure they sold small packages of the things exclusively and limited the number of packages each person could even buy, and sold out virtually instantly... Bambino Bellisimo? Again no chance of ever getting them, they make how ever many of them and they sell like hotcakes and poof, all gone... Guess what Bambino, you did not make enough!

Guess what ABU, guess what Bambino, you don't seem to be getting it, build the best diaper you have ever dreamed up and never built, the best you could fathom building but dared not because you thought it would be way too expensive to produce and noone would pay for it, manufacture tons of them, rest assured if they are the clear best, thickest, most leak proof AB/DL diaper ever produced you will sell tons of them. Your price does not matter, this is a fetish, many people will pay whatever to satisfy their desires in these types of things.

Just build them and people will buy them, one person will get their hands on them, they will post pics here and talk about how unreal they are and how a Abena M4 is half as thick and looks like a napkin next to one and how they have spent the last 17 days in the same diaper and it still has not leaked and is the size of a small zepplin. Everyone who "can" afford them will be at your site ordering them up inside of a minute, except us Canadians, we will sit there waiting for your to send some to B4NS hoping beyond hope you made enough of them this time...

They keep trying to slowly test the waters of the market and get just a little thicker and a little more expensive to see what they can sell, what the market will accept, and the market simply inhales the things right off the shelf. $2/diaper? Pfft, whatever, gimme! Stop pussy footing around Bambino and ABU, take the clue, build the ultimate diaper, forget $2.50/diaper for the next step, go to $3, go to $4 if you have to in order to manufacture the things as long as the final product is really THAT good, build lots of them, make sure they are actually AVAILABLE to the customers! They will sell like crazy.

Very good post you have made. I enyo reading it. Can i post this on my blog?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing it's probably not quite that simple.

Companies tend not to have an aversion to raking in cash and I'd assume they are reasonably aware of the market/demand for their products. I suspect it's a problem of scale. Too much demand for small scale, not enough demand for large scale. At a point it becomes massively expensive to increase scale, and there probably isn't enough actual demand to support that.

"Can i post this on my blog?"

Yes but make it anonymous please.

Quote Originally Posted by stiletos View Post
    "Can i post this on my blog?"

Yes but make it anonymous please.
    Thank. Can i link to this blog post? Is that ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Thank. Can i link to this blog post? Is that ok?
    I guess.

I don't suppose someone from ABU or Bambino actually read your blog so that it might catch the right eyes and help them get a little more aggresive with the ramping up into a truly high end product?

Quote Originally Posted by stiletos View Post
    I guess.

I don't suppose someone from ABU or Bambino actually read your blog so that it might catch the right eyes and help them get a little more aggresive with the ramping up into a truly high end product?
    People from fabina are reading my blog. The know some stuff about the new Bambino diaper.

As someone in the UK who is new to wearing Nappies 24/7, can I not order Bambino's? And are they really that GOOD??

I know you can order from ABU but the shipping to the UK is more than the diapers (at least for buying a case, not sure about the other packs). Last time I checked on Bambino and Dry24/7 I don't think either was willing to ship to the UK. It might be worth asking them though

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by Redbus View Post
    As someone in the UK who is new to wearing Nappies 24/7, can I not order Bambino's? And are they really that GOOD??
    You can order Bambinos, including the new Bellissimo diapers, to the UK here: Disposable Nappies - BigBabyFun