Thread: Advice on becoming more AB?

Default Advice on becoming more AB?

At this point in my life, I'm looking for something more out of this fetish - I don't want it to be just a fetish anymore, something that I use primarily as my sexual outlet. I want it to eventually become something that I can say "This is what makes me happy" and be confident in that statement, regardless of what others around me may say.

I've always been curious as to how much of a tb/ab I've been - I was never one for actual roleplaying (having almost never partaken in any), so my thoughts were that it wasn't something that wasn't for me. However, after making a new friend (who's getting a late christmas pacifier present~<3), I was able to gain some more introspection on who I am in regards to my attachment to diapers. I learned there's a lot more to how I had been using them before in terms of being satisfied when in them.

Essentially, I've come here as a DL who's looking to make the transition to AB, and thought there'd be no better place than ADISC to ask for help in that matter. I've been trying to get more in touch with my AB side for months now, but I feel like I've not gotten closer by much at all. (One thing I have done is I now have a pacifier on its way in the mail; I'm hoping that will help me become more AB!)

Sorry to see you haven't had a response on this one but I think it's a hard question to answer. If someone was to ask you how to be a DL, what would you say? You could suggest they try wearing a diaper but you'd have to advise them on what kind (cloth, disposable, or pull-up, to say nothing of the many varieties of each). Should this hypothetical seeker of diaper knowledge use them or not? They can go through the motions but without the desire, it's not a very good bet that anything will take hold.

By the same token, people here can tell you things that are meaningful to them and perhaps something in that will really appeal to you. Without that, I think you're just a person acting like a baby. Even if you can find no AB within, I don't think you should look down on your DL-ness. We know from polling that there are sexual and non-sexual sides to ABs as well as DLs. You might be any of the above or something that seemingly doesn't fit any of those. They're just labels of convenience to start a conversation not finish it.

I hope you'll get some additional responses but as I said, I think this is a hard question to answer. I'm not much of a conventional AB myself and my only tangible suggestions would be that if you're going to do AB things, try to find things that seem intriguing on some level rather than doing them because everyone else does. If you do find something, try to enjoy the experience for what it is while you are doing it rather than for what you expect of it. Being in the moment that way is as close as I get to regression, which suits me fine as it is applicable to more than just AB activities.

The transition from DL to AB isnt hard at all. When i want too regress into a "baby" frame of mind i hardly use diapers, bottle, pacifiers ect. All i find i need too do is get myself into the mind frame of what i find too be "babyish" objects such as a diapers are nice but not a must! You mentioned you were a DL so i assume you have diapers, which is always nice when regressing. All i can say really is start getting your self into the right frame of mind, but dont jump too far into it with baby speak and crawling like i did when i first went from full DL to more of a TB this just make's you feel out of your comfort zone and sort of blocks you from getting into the frame of mind.
    I would reccomend starting of with just diapers (or no diapers) and getting into the feeling of being "babyish" for a little while and then start to add small stuff like pacifiers and simmialer stuff, then if you wish start of with "baby" clothing such as onesies, sleepers, overalls, a top with a picture on ect. Although i feel baby styled clothing isnt a main part in regressing and the furthest i would go is a sleeper and a few childrens styled shirts.
    Sorry if this desnt make much sense, i got on one of my rants...again

I agree with Ace. It really comes down to your state of mind. If you're trying to feel babyish while thinking "This is stupid, what am I doing?" the whole time, you won't get anywhere. You have to commit to it and figure out what works best for you. I can tell you to try a bottle or pacifier (which you should, they're cheap and wouldn't be a big deal), but if that's just not your thing, it won't help.

My first instinct when I was reading this thread was the damn song by Michael Jackson- Black or white echoing in my head.

Personally for me it's who I always been. I couldn't picture myself just a DL and trying to get into a touch with a side that was never there to begin with. At that point I would feel stupid acting like a baby/toddler when I already know deep down I am not. You almost sound like you're trying to force the issue and if that's the case I would stop. As Trevor said, maybe you should try indulging your DL side more and be proud of who you already are not who you want to be. This would be like me wanting to be a skier when I know I'm a snowboarder at heart. I can't force, pretend, or act on something I'm not.

First off, thank you all for your opinions thus far. ^^ Providing everyone doesn't mind, I'll probably ask some general questions about being AB and whatnot. Part of my problem (if you could call it that) is that I'm a follower. I don't figure stuff out on my own very well, and that just stems from viewing the world in a different way. (Hence my history, but that's neither here nor there.) This leads me to my next, well, question...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Even if you can find no AB within, I don't think you should look down on your DL-ness. We know from polling that there are sexual and non-sexual sides to ABs as well as DLs.
    Could you explain/expand on this? Part of the reason why I've been trying to get more in touch with my AB side is because of that desire to separate the sexual thoughts from diapers. (I am a virgin, and sexual talk makes me really uncomfortable, especially around people I don't know very well; when thinking of this a purely a fetish and someone brings it up, I find it hard to defend to the point where I end up getting mentally/physically defensive if they're pushing things, and I don't like that.) As far as I've read and so far believed, the main difference between DLs and ABs is that sexual drive that goes with the paraphernalia - the DLs would mess their diapers and masturbate, while they ABs would mess their diapers as part of the regression and get enjoyment out of that experience/fantasy. (I should mention at this point that my imagination for the real is pretty weak; most of what I've learned I got through pictures of other people... >.>)

One other thing is I think one of the critical things is the age an AB regresses to. I know that while not fully an AB, I do enjoy the parts that I've "gotten in touch with" so far, but (as I've just mentioned) I don't have any specific regression fantasies or any good idea of what age I would actually be regressing to. As someone with asperger's, I feel I can very easily have a child-like wonderment in the world or what's around me, but my feelings are that "going AB" (Is there any human counterpart to the babyfur term "cubbing out"?) is something that can be separated from everyday life. (For example, I'd love to have some clay or playdoh to fool around with, seeing what shapes I could create; I have a suspicion that these kind of exploratory thoughts/feelings might make for a mid-childhood age regression?)

Quote Originally Posted by TS_Chris View Post
    *snip*

Could you explain/expand on this? Part of the reason why I've been trying to get more in touch with my AB side is because of that desire to separate the sexual thoughts from diapers. (I am a virgin, and sexual talk makes me really uncomfortable, especially around people I don't know very well; when thinking of this a purely a fetish and someone brings it up, I find it hard to defend to the point where I end up getting mentally/physically defensive if they're pushing things, and I don't like that.) As far as I've read and so far believed, the main difference between DLs and ABs is that sexual drive that goes with the paraphernalia - the DLs would mess their diapers and masturbate, while they ABs would mess their diapers as part of the regression and get enjoyment out of that experience/fantasy. (I should mention at this point that my imagination for the real is pretty weak; most of what I've learned I got through pictures of other people... >.>)

*snip*
    From information we have collected in polls on the site as well as surveys on BitteryGrey's site Understanding Infantilsm, there is often a strong sexual component regardless of how one responds to the AB or DL question. I think the sooner a person can accept an odd (but harmless) sexual quirk, the better off they'll be in their own minds. Being able to talk about it when it's appropriate is part of being a functional person.

That was a great surveys thanks for the link to it.