Thread: Is it just cloth-backed?

Default Is it just cloth-backed?

so I LOOOOVE the snow, and every one in a while I go out to play padded. here is the thing though for some reason of another I always seem to get it soaked form the outside in, even if my pants aren't that wet. I haven't heard anyone else with the same complant so I got to thinking is it just that cloth backed disposables draw moisture or something?

They shouldn't, cloth backed are the same as plastic backed they just have a cloth like cover adhered to the plastic backing. So there should be no way for any moisture to get in, unless you jump in a pool of water or you sweat a heap.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTall View Post
    They shouldn't, cloth backed are the same as plastic backed they just have a cloth like cover adhered to the plastic backing. So there should be no way for any moisture to get in, unless you jump in a pool of water or you sweat a heap.
    That is true for goodnites, but not for most adult diapers. Abena, for instance, certainly does not have any plastic backing beneath the cloth layer.

But in terms of your question Goofy, I really don't know. Moisture does roll off an Abena Air-Plus just like the plastic version, but I don't know what the story would be if it were compressed. Meaning, you sit on a pile of snow with just jeans and a diaper. It is by design more prone to moisture penetration. Hydrophobic cloth is still much less of a moisture barrier than solid plastic, but would it be enough to keep the diaper dry?

I'm not sure.

Aren't a lot of diapers made to allow air flow now a days? It would stand to reason that if they allow air then moisture could get through too. Although it's just an educated guess and I could be wrong

LOL, I just talked about Abriform Air-plus in my last post - they do not have a plastic shell under the cloth - and they seem to breath out moisture causing the diaper to get cold because of the heat dissipating via moisture exchange (although not FLUID exchange).

I stand corrected, I guess you should try a plastic backed diaper.