Thread: Whuz up :D

YourKittyFace

Talking Whuz up :D

So I'm new (hurr-durr) and all that!

I've been a DL for as long as I can remember and recently became obsessed with it.

I made this account a while ago but sort of forgot about it XD...

But I also am in High School and the second I'm out of High School I'm moving back to Oregon because I was born there and I HATE it here in Kentucky (don't ask me why PLEASE) and I loved every second of being in Oregon even though I only ended up living there for about 3 years of my life. I ended up being a nature freak and whenever it rains I like to go outside XD!!!!

I am wanting to be either a transportation or communications major in college, hopefully at UO. I guess I'll have to do out of state though but I could possibly get a full scholarship from my band (Lafayette Marching Band). They are actually a 16 time state champion so they're the states best and we're going to the rose bowl parade in 2013!!

Hi, YourKittyFace (funny name! ), welcome aboard! Or back!

U of O is a nice place. I have a close relative on the faculty, and visit Eugene fairly often (though if I could have my pick of any destination in OR, it would probably be Astoria--I love the coast!). I, too, was a marching band geek in college and enjoyed it very much. I played sousaphone, though I wasn't particularly good at it (My "real" instruments were oboe and bassoon, but you don't march with those! ). The best part about the sousaphone, really, was that I didn't have to wear a hat and plume because there wasn't room between my head and the bell. However, my college marching band wasn't nearly as intense as my high school marching band. I have to admit, I'm partial to a marching band that's run like a military unit, and my college band had a bit of a party culture. Not a terrible thing by itself, but then there was plenty of partying and goofing off elsewhere. I don't know what UO's band is like inside. I'm sure I've seen a show or two of theirs.

Anyway, good luck with your pursuit of UO and I hope to hear more from you around the forums!

Welcome to the forum. I absolutely love the Pacific Northwest! Never been to Portland, OR, but have heard from others it's awesome. I predict I'll end up somewhere on the West Coast myself someday, too.

Quote Originally Posted by YourKittyFace View Post
    But I also am in High School and the second I'm out of High School I'm moving back to Oregon because I was born there and I HATE it here in Kentucky (don't ask me why PLEASE) and I loved every second of being in Oregon even though I only ended up living there for about 3 years of my life. I ended up being a nature freak and whenever it rains I like to go outside XD!!!!
    Huh...looks like we have rather opposite views on where we want to live, because I'd rather move back to Kentucky than live here, the only places in Oregon that I'd ever want to live would be Joseph, Lincoln city, or Tillamook. I'd rather move back to Lexington :P, but I have too much family in this area, so it's not likely that I'll move too far away when it comes time to leave.
    I read that you're in band, what do you play?
    K before I start asking stupid questions and rambling on and stuff *drum roll* welcome to the site! Hope to see you around

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk