Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your diaper bag...

Default Your diaper bag...

Got one?
    What is it?
    What goes in it?

I am a satchel boy - generally have a Crumpler bag that has dual use for my camera and as a diaper bag

I usually carry 3 tena maxi if out. Wipes. Powder. And my paci if I'm lucky enough to be being changed and usually a spare onsie.

I just use my laptop backpack. It holds loads of stuff (including my laptop on occassion) without drawing any attention or being awkward to carry. It's also got padding on the back and straps which means if it's got a bottle of powder and a tub of sudocrem (which together can be quite heavy) it's not so much of a chore to have to lug it around all day.

The changing stuff it usually contains is a couple of diapers, a pack of wipes, sudocrem, a bottle of powder and some disposable sacks to bag up the used diapers.

I'll just link to my post in a previous thread about this

Although I should point out an important piece of information is missing. Namely that the pacifier is not for the reason that 99% of the members here would assume. I suffer from really horrible nightmares quite regularly, especially when traveling, and the pacifier is try and keep me from biting a chunk out of my tongue (again...)

I don't have a diaper bag as such as I don't have the confidence to wear them out in public yet. Though if I had one, then as well as spare nappies there would have to be a bottle of formula in there too! :-)

I'm just curious though. Where do you get changed when you're out in public? Coffee shops, McDonalds etc? Hard to do? How long does it take?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTigger View Post
    Got one?
    What is it?
    What goes in it?

I am a satchel boy - generally have a Crumpler bag that has dual use for my camera and as a diaper bag

I usually carry 3 tena maxi if out. Wipes. Powder. And my paci if I'm lucky enough to be being changed and usually a spare onsie.

Some wipes, spare disposable(s), and spare plastic pants.

A long time ago I purchased a mini-backpack to use as my (dedicated) diaper bag - big enough to hold 3 bambinos, travel wipes, tube of creme and small powder bottle, along with some plastic bags for more discrete disposal if necessary. When I'm out and need a change, the bag is small and handy to take into the restroom stall and provides everything I need for a day out, along with a very limited amount of extra room for odds and ends if necessary.

I made one for the fun of it, and I use my school computer bag since I already have a better one. I just filled it up w/ a couple diapers some wipes and a small blanket pad.

Cherub

Back when I lived i Ohio, I used to carry a duffel bag to and from work. It was big enough to carry the stuff I needed for work, as well as a few extra diapers, small trash bags for disposale, tube of Desitin creamy and bottle of baby powder. The part I liked best about the duffel bag was that the top two zippers could be locked together to prevent anyone from opening it and looking inside.

Since I moved to Wisconsin, I don't wear to work anymore, therefore I no longer need a 'diaper bag'. But if I were to go on a long trip, I certainly know which bag I would choose to be my diaper bag for the trip, lol.

i have something like it if i ever go anywhere special but it usually stays in my room but it had a couple diapers and thats wheere i keep my plastic pants, onsie and powder and stuff