Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes you think?

Default What makes you think?

Sometimes I get thoughts that really make me think (well, duh). One example of that was today when I watched Ben Breedlove's 2 videos about his life, man does that ever make you feel blessed. It also made me think about what there is after this life is over. What makes you think? Like the earth, how we got here, just whatever makes you think.

goggles606

for some reason politics get me really thinking, for example how are brains are now wired. for example ive really delved deeply into the idea that society brings certain ways of thinking and how maybe other societies of species (im pretty sure theres other life out there) have completely different boundary and how they work. quite a subject to think about.

I love philosophy and am always googling philosophical questions just to ponder them. lots of fun for my brain . More recently though I have been thinking about Religion and such. I am an Atheist so I am more looking at the making sense of how these stories were created and were they came from. Very interesting stuff. Just earlier today I was watching the Sagan series on youtube. For anyone who doesn't know who Carl Sagan is, I highly recommend watching the Sagan series as each video is only around 3 mins long. Very inspiring man mostly talks about the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by goggles606 View Post
    for some reason politics get me really thinking, for example how are brains are now wired. for example ive really delved deeply into the idea that society brings certain ways of thinking and how maybe other societies of species (im pretty sure theres other life out there) have completely different boundary and how they work. quite a subject to think about.
    I'm positive there has to be life out there somewhere, we can't even comprehend how big the universe is and if we're the only life there is then that is an enormous waste of space.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    Just earlier today I was watching the Sagan series on youtube. For anyone who doesn't know who Carl Sagan is, I highly recommend watching the Sagan series as each video is only around 3 mins long. Very inspiring man mostly talks about the cosmos.
    Nuclear Explosion - YouTube <That is the sound of my mind being blown. I have never heard of him before so I looked him up. I watched Pale Blue Dot and the intro to his Cosmos series and this is THE stuff that makes me think. It sends shivers down my spine when I think about this kind of stuff. I will DEFINITELY watch this whole series.

What really gets me thinking is physics. We think in our modern day that we have most thins understood, however the truth is that there are far more things going on then we can comprehend. My most recent epiphany was that i believe i finally understand a universe with extra dimensions. I have a whole physics model i have come up with almost entirely by myself. I don't believe i am any smarter than the next guy, but i think that this clearly shows what a little extra thought can bring out. I find it incredible that matter can exist in our universe. Then this matter can be organized into molocules, stars, galaxies. Or small things like atoms, molecules, cells and us. And it all works together perfectly. Its just absolutely astounding.

This song pretty much describes the way i view things and how i feel about the universe perfectly. Symphony of Science - &#39;We Are All Connected&#39; (ft. Sagan, Feynman, deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye) - YouTube

Supersam1223

Music. TBH, I don't want to elaborate, music is a very personal thing for me, and I don't really like explaining how it makes me feel. It's my, private thing. I would die before giving up my music.

Agreed with Sam, music's power to alter emotion is just, amazing. But mostly for me?

Night. Night I have my best thoughts and I can actually think to myself to boot ^.^ Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWhisper View Post
    Night. Night I have my best thoughts and I can actually think to myself to boot ^.^ Love it.
    I love night. My favourite thing to do is to go outside on a clear night and look up at the stars and just think.

With me, it's probably easier to ask 'What DOESN'T get you to think'. >.<