Thread: The new bambino's problems?

Default The new bambino's problems?

Might be old news, but I haven't gotten any padding for the past year and I just got some for Christmas. I tried out the Teddy bambino's and found that they were smaller than the regular medium sized bambino's and I barely fit in them. Worse yet the tapes popped off in the middle of the night, and the plastic felt like it was half cloth like and half plastic. I'm trying out the old classico's at the moment and they fit better, but they still have that plastic that doesn't quite feel right.

Contrasting this is, is that i also got a pack of ABU SDK's, and they felt much better in the plastic department and the tapes were like metal weldings (they just didn't budge). I was a big fan of bambino and went paddingless for a whole year, so I'm not sure if it's always been this way or this is the changes they made after the whole production shortage. I'm also sensing that Bambino is acting a bit passionless, where ABU will send you a promotional letter in full color with coupon discounts and all sorts of AB community websites. Is it just me? Has Bambino always been this way? Or have they just had some changes in production?

(Though I have to say the perfect diaper was an ABU with a Bambino underneath it)

Not sure about Bambino's, but I love the ABU's. I've tried both SDKs and Cushies and didnt' have an issue with either. Tapes held and plastic was nice and crinkley. I don't wear often, but the other night I wore my cushie all night and tapes were still in the same spot 6 hours later.

I really like the plastic bambinos uses. The ABU stuff feels like I'm wearing a garbage bag and I feel like I can't wear them as long comfortably. The tapes are a problem, but the new machining technique they're using on the latest batch seems to make it a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by LBcub View Post
    I really like the plastic bambinos uses. The ABU stuff feels like I'm wearing a garbage bag and I feel like I can't wear them as long comfortably. The tapes are a problem, but the new machining technique they're using on the latest batch seems to make it a lot better.
    LBcub, have you had the opportunity to try a batch of the new Bambinos from October-ish and another batch from more recently? I got a case in October and a case in December and I swear the tapes improved since then. In the latest batch, the tapes seem bigger but I don't have any from the previous batch to compare with. I'm wondering if I'm imagining things and it's kind of bugging me, lol.

And seconded on the garbage bag thing. I guess it's personal preference, but I really like the plastic on the newest Bambinos. It's super soft. I don't really like super crinkly, very 'plasticky' plastic.

To Yin, yeah, the Bambino redesign did include making the medium size (don't know about the large, never worn them) a little smaller. It's not a huuuge difference (really, I took measurements: https://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...1-changes.html), but if you were on the upper end of sizing for the old design, the new ones will likely be too small. I personally think it's an improvement for me and the new ones fit way better than the old ones ever did, but it's another thing that's just up to individual bodies and it's unfortunate that some people got squeezed out of their size :/

I actually found the fit better and I considered myself on the upper end before the switch. I have tried them and the tapes are a lot better, especially on the teddies since they switched to the "classico" style landing zone for all their diapers, and those hold a lot better. I found when I did have problems, it was always on the lower tapes and it was because I was honestly taping them up wrong, so that could be the case for other people as well. Once I found a diapering strategy that fit me well and wasn't hard on the tapes everything holds fantastic. On the plastic thing, the problem with me is that since the ABU's are just plastic, they don't breathe very well and my skin gets irritated if I keep the diaper itself on for more than a few hours, used or no.