Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underjams capacity and tips

Default Underjams capacity and tips

Hey, is there anyone that has measured the capacity of the Pampers Underjams? I would really like to know. I was also wondering if anyone has any tips to share, like about them ripping at the sides, what they do.

I'm a 32" waist @ 150 lb's.

I heard stretching them out will prevent them from ripping, but wouldn't that make it worse? I just don't understand that. Please provide any other thing about these that you'd like to share.

I have not worn Underjams, but I have worn Goodnites. I'm 150 lbs. with a waste of about 31. They say Goodnites hold more than Underjams, and I can overwhelm a pair of Goodnites in (ahem) one peeing. So I would imagine it would be the same for Underjams. But if you are will to pace how much you contribute, they should fit you, and you would get the whole little tyke feel, which is kind of nice

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    But if you are will to pace how much you contribute, they should fit you
    I didn't understand this sentence, please rephrase.

I have a 32 waist and weigh only about 145 pounds, They hold one good wetting and then a little more but dont flood them because they will leak. This is with the boys underjams i have no clue about the girls but i think they would work out better because the boys underjams the top of the padding never really gets wet.

I've worn the boys, 29 waist and 135 lbs, I still found them quite snug. You do have to stretch the sides, theyre made out of a stertchy material that has to be warmed up before it hits its maximum stretchiness. As noted earlier, if you flood them, you will literally flood them, theyll leak like crazy. I also think that slow wetting and movement will cause leaks. All in all I prefer a real diaper, but if you're looking for a pull-up that fits this is it!

Quote Originally Posted by tombo View Post
    I've worn the boys, 29 waist and 135 lbs, I still found them quite snug. You do have to stretch the sides, theyre made out of a stertchy material that has to be warmed up before it hits its maximum stretchiness. As noted earlier, if you flood them, you will literally flood them, theyll leak like crazy. I also think that slow wetting and movement will cause leaks. All in all I prefer a real diaper, but if you're looking for a pull-up that fits this is it!
    See I'm not so sure about this. I tried both the boys and girls versions of Underjams and these were the results(based on the fact I have a 30' waist and weigh around 148-150 lbs.):

-They leak if you flood completely, no holding back on both types.

-Both were comfortable, not really tight for me.

-Not leaking when moving around or from slow wetting. It seems like it needs a few seconds to absorb the urine if it's already been used/in use. Held quite a bit for me in both types.

-The boys ones swelled better between the legs than the girls.

-Don't sleep in them; the heat/movement from your body(if you're around my size) will tear the sides. Try stretching them out first for a couple of minutes before wearing.

-I liked the boys design better(something about that pale green).

Really the only way you can find out is if you try them, and even that's not 100% because as it seems with other members and actual diapers they can be a "bad batch" that are not as well made as other packages.

Quote Originally Posted by tombo View Post
    same thing with goodnites.

Millenniumfalsehood

I like them good enough, but like others have said they're not meant for heavy wetting/flooding. You'd think they would be considering how thick they are. They really should invest in a good chemist to develop a better absorbancy bead.

I just got my underjams today, and they are pretty cool. So far no leaks, and they seem to hold plenty so far. I'll see how far that goes.