Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOT Sleeping Well In Diapers

Default NOT Sleeping Well In Diapers

So I have seen many, many threads started on the topic of sleeping in a diaper. But most of them have always been to the effect of "OMG It was Awesome!"

So I'm rather curious, are there any of us out there who can't/don't like sleeping in a diaper? I wish I could, but I've tried quite a few different times, both wet and dry, with different brands, and varying thicknesses. It seems that regardless of the diapers condition, I can never manage to get to sleep with it. I always end up lying awake until I have to take it off if I intend to get any decent sleep that night. Can anyone relate? Do you have tips/tricks for getting to sleep in your diapers?

Well, what seems to disturb you?
    Is it the thickness forcing you into an awkward position? Is it the sound?
    Sometimes it's just way too hot to wear to bed; you end up getting all sweaty.

See that's just it, I don't have any noticeable disturbances. That's why I've varied the diaper. Wet/Dry, thick/not thick. Even with a thinner diaper that doesn't force my legs apart or a cloth-covered one that doesn't make noise, it doesn't seem to matter. I can sleep soundly in the same room one night without one, then the next in the same room and same conditions I can't do it with the diaper on.

I can relate, I've tried a few times myself but can't seem to fall asleep, like Winner said i tend to find i get to hot in a diaper, i toss and turn so much during the night i just cant get comfortable. Any tips/tricks people have i'd be interested in hearing them to ^^

Well, I notice that you're a TB, not a DL, so you can effectively rule out arousal as a reason that you don't sleep well in diapers. (As a DL, that is MY reason for such.) However, do you think that it's another form of excitement that keeps you awake? The sheer thrill of being padded, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kovy View Post
    Well, I notice that you're a TB, not a DL, so you can effectively rule out arousal as a reason that you don't sleep well in diapers. (As a DL, that is MY reason for such.) However, do you think that it's another form of excitement that keeps you awake? The sheer thrill of being padded, perhaps?
    There's nothing about being an AB that precludes having sexual interest in this. I also tend to think that even if one (particularly a male in this case) does not find diapers psychologically stimulating, the way that the padding presses on a sensitive area in unfamiliar ways will be more likely to evoke a reaction and that's not really helpful for sleep.

This was a notable problem for me when I finally had the freedom to wear. I have never found diapers to be more comfortable than ordinary underwear, they just have their virtues that are unrelated to ease of wear. I would often be able to fall asleep wearing them and then shifting in the night would wake me up as something felt wrong. Sometimes it felt like it was the heat, more often it was bulk between my legs as I shifted onto my side. Unfortunately, there's not much I can really recommend for this other than just being used to wearing them. I did find cloth diapers easier to sleep in at first but I'm not sure I would suggest it as a universal fix. I still find regular underwear or nothing at all to be more comfortable but the upsides of a diaper can be compelling and my sleeping mind is not so finicky as it once was. As in many things, repetition helps. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    There's nothing about being an AB that precludes having sexual interest in this. I also tend to think that even if one (particularly a male in this case) does not find diapers psychologically stimulating, the way that the padding presses on a sensitive area in unfamiliar ways will be more likely to evoke a reaction and that's not really helpful for sleep.
    While the physical push of the diapers on the genitalia may be stimulating, the fact that he did not list himself as a DL is what made me assume that arousal was not the case here, not an assumption that this is so just because he identifies as a TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovy View Post
    While the physical push of the diapers on the genitalia may be stimulating, the fact that he did not list himself as a DL is what made me assume that arousal was not the case here, not an assumption that this is so just because he identifies as a TB.
    My point was that there is nothing intrinsically sexual or non-sexual about either AB or DL. It all varies by person.

Thanks for your thoughts you guys Just to clear it up, it is NOT any kind of arousal that is keeping me from sleeping. As of now, diapers for me are definitely non-sexual and I don't tend to get aroused in them, for either sensual or physiological reasons. I was just curious if I was the only one struggling with this. I'd very much like to wake up padded, but if I can't get a good nights sleep while doing it, it's just not worth it. So I was more looking for any advise on how to manage both, but as far as I can see, yeah repetition might be the only way if there is one.

If you don't intend to wet your diaper, you might try a daytime weight cloth diaper. If you want to wet them, you would need plastic pants, and that will add to the heat problem. I find cloth to be very comfortable. There are times I want to be diapered but I don't want to deal with a wet diaper in the morning, so I'll just wear a cloth diaper. You might be able to sleep in that.