Thread: new here

iamme

Default new here

good evening all my nick is "moviemaker" but i also answer to Bill.
    i came across this site while prowling the internet. Because of complications of diabetes and prostate surgery i have been a user of diapers for the last 12 years or so. I am in my early 50's and am retired from the film industry in canada.

Wow, welcome moviemaker. Having someone who worked in films is exciting. I'm sorry about your prostate cancer, but at least you are a survivor. I always get my blood checked for prostate cancer, and this time my graff was in the yellow. My doctor ran some more blood checks and I haven't gotten that phone call, so I guess all is well. You were/are young for having gotten it. Anyway, welcome to the site.

iamme

thanks for the welcome.
    we didnt have the psa test back when i got the word
    but luckily for me i had be having an annual physical and it was suspected then and the long and short is as you said i survived and even though there were complications i really do enjoy everyday the green side of the lawn

Hi Moviemaker,
    Welcome to ADISC!

Good luck with your health and wellness.... You are doing great, and that's encouraging!

You'll definately find lots of great ADISC contributors from Canada!

Just curious, what's your favorite diaper(s) so far?

Hello and welcome to the site. What do you do with you free time now that your retired?

iamme

Quote Originally Posted by wwetbed View Post
    Hi Moviemaker,
    Welcome to ADISC!

Good luck with your health and wellness.... You are doing great, and that's encouraging!

You'll definately find lots of great ADISC contributors from Canada!

Just curious, what's your favorite diaper(s) so far?
    Actually i dont have a favourite diaper. I have been at this for almost 15 years more or less. because of my medical insurance im sorta confined to the store brands although i must say the life brand from shoppers drug mart are very good and rarely leak.
    because i wear 24/7 i use two different thicknesses a daytime which will last for several wettings ( i have some small control when awake but i dont even bother anymore even though my daytimers are zipside pullups so you cant tell im wearing them even if they are a little wet.
    My nitetime are tapers heavy duty cuz i really do sleep right thru, i think i have trained myself to sleep wet or dry.
    the three really nice things about life brand is 1 they really keep it away from your skin well 2 they hold a lot and 3 its hard to tell im wearing them (daytimes andhow).

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

hi Ben:

Where i live in canada there is lots to do summer and winter from cottaging to hunting in the fall to mmmmmmmm sledding in the winter (up here you can sled for a hundred miles without coming across much civilization). We have two kinds of sledders up here the weekend warriors who rip around farmers fields sat and sunday and the kind like mrs moviemaker and I who have two sleds and two trailers and we go out for sometimes two or three days.
    Btw on those trips mrs moviemaker will borrow some of my daytimers for the trail.

TheSadWiseMan

It's a bit late, but welcome to the site moviemaker