Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bed Wetting

Exclamation Bed Wetting

So I have recently started to wet the bed again, but I don't know why i have. I used to wear diapers at night from age 5 to 14. I'm 17 years old now and thought i was done with this. I really don't know why i have started again. Its been one week now without a dry night. I'm not scared of it or embarrassed, i actually don't really mind having to wear diapers to bed ether, it just came out of no where.

I really do not know how to tell my mom that i have started wetting the bed nightly again. I need some advice on how to tell her whats going on. I really hope she doesn't get mad.

And what are some good diapers that i could were at night that don't leak. I have been using some really old GoodNites that i had when i was 14, but they just don't seem to hold up that well.

My waist size is 26 inch. I'm 120lbs on a avg day.

P.S I don't like cloth diapers, disposables only Please.

I'm sorry that your bedwetting has resumed. I appreciate that you don't mind wearing a nighttime diaper, but continued bedwetting will interfere with your plan to join the Marines. Bummer!

I'm glad to hear that you realize that you need to tell your mother about your bedwetting. IMO, just straight out telling her is likely the best plan. She may be upset, but she'll appreciate your honest.

One of the best diapers for you to try would be the Abena S4.

BabyJayk

Totally agree with Inconinmiss on this one. The Marines will straight up not take you if you wet the bed. No armed service will. I didn't start wetting the bed again until I was already in and I am still worried about next time I go into medical SRP. The only way the will let you stay usually is if your troubles were caused by training accident or deployment. (Mine was a training accident, but its still a hassle when I have to prove it.) My advice would be to see a doctor and see if its treatable. Then don't bring it up at your Medical Exam. Then you might at least stand a chance of getting in.

In addition to all the above, maybe you should see a doctor and find out medically why this is happening. There is medication that might be able to help. I hope your mom realizes that this is not the end of the world. It happens.

Thank you every one! And I just told my mom at dinner tonight about my bed wetting and she said that sometimes these things happen. I'm so happy she took it well and for the marines i'm missing some credits from graduating this year so i have till June 2013 to try to stay dry =).

Hi Jacuzzis
    Who knows why the bedwetting stopped originally, and whether the recent bedwetting is even related to the original cause of your bedwetting. I am not sure why I was a chronic bedwetter (also until age 14, actually, it was 14 and a few months, and *suddenly*, I outgrew it). Allegidly it was a sleep issue (I was a deep sleeper), who knows if it had anything to do with my bladder, or just my brain signals, etc.
    Good luck in dealing with the immediate problem, and yeah, I hope it doesn't get in the way of making a career, or even making friends and traveling in general.

Happy Holidays!- Will

It's not unusual for the condition to return, especially in ones teen years. Still, I'd go see a doctor. I hope it's not too much of a problem for you. It's a good thing you're OK with diapers and find company here on ADISC. Make the best of it.

I'll start by saying I'm 18 and I've never wet the bed before. A few days ago bough some diapers and wore them to bed. I woke up the next morning soaked. The next night we had company over so I didn't wear them to bed. I soaked my bed. It's been a few days and the wetting isn't stopping. I bought the diapers because I wanted them, but now I'm having to wear them to bed every night. My Depends Ultra keep leaking and I'm tired of losing sleep to a cold wet bed. What do I do?

Especially if you havent had any major trauma recently, this would probably be caused by some sort of underlying medical issue. Make sure to see your doctor. These things don't just start for no reason.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1621 View Post
    I'll start by saying I'm 18 and I've never wet the bed before. A few days ago bough some diapers and wore them to bed. I woke up the next morning soaked. The next night we had company over so I didn't wear them to bed. I soaked my bed. It's been a few days and the wetting isn't stopping. I bought the diapers because I wanted them, but now I'm having to wear them to bed every night. My Depends Ultra keep leaking and I'm tired of losing sleep to a cold wet bed. What do I do?
    Like I said to the op, go see a doctor. These things don't just happen

To all: my bladder was the same way, I wet till age 16 then suddenly stopped! a miracle! Now its getting the bladder to act right which is my issue, mostly during the day with night-time dribbling and daytime dribbling or worse, accidents. Why does the bladder behave differently during the day than at night? If I'm having daytime issues shouldn't I also have night-time issues? That defies logic, but the human body can sometimes be a mystery. Aside from that, it could just be that your bladder has matured/grew up, or that the muscles have more control.