Thread: TF2: The Spy-cicle

Default TF2: The Spy-cicle

I have never coveted an icicle with this much white-hot intensity before. Or a spy weapon, for that matter, even though I main Spy.

I've been trying to trade for one, to no avail.

Problem: The pricing.

This is a simple knife. It will be nothing more than that by NEXT THURSDAY, mind you.

It's going for Three Refined Metal.

If I did my math properly, that is 54 weapons.

Seem a little much to you? It does to me.

I already decimated my spy knife collection (something I was proud of, it was almost complete) trying to get it with the blind fury of a thousand Saxton Hales. It was a sad sight, getting Kunai and YER and Big Earner over and over.

All I want is a simple 1:1 trade, 2:1 is fine too, get to 6:1 and you're pushing it. Bonus if you can include a Sharp Dresser with it.

Too much to ask?

That's just wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    I have never coveted an icicle with this much white-hot intensity before. Or a spy weapon, for that matter, even though I main Spy.

I've been trying to trade for one, to no avail.

Problem: The pricing.

This is a simple knife. It will be nothing more than that by NEXT THURSDAY, mind you.

It's going for Three Refined Metal.

If I did my math properly, that is 54 weapons.

Seem a little much to you? It does to me.

I already decimated my spy knife collection (something I was proud of, it was almost complete) trying to get it with the blind fury of a thousand Saxton Hales. It was a sad sight, getting Kunai and YER and Big Earner over and over.

All I want is a simple 1:1 trade, 2:1 is fine too, get to 6:1 and you're pushing it. Bonus if you can include a Sharp Dresser with it.

Too much to ask?

That's just wrong!

I'm sorry I must have missed something. I do not understand what you are saying. Is this a request?

No, no, it's more of a mini-rant against how insane the prices on this thing got while blinded by my own want. It probably comes across as a request, my apologies.

That's a problem you'll find in any online gaming economy. An incredibly rare item is sure to fetch a truly preposterous sum of money, partly because those people only half-heartedly want to part with it, but mostly because greed takes precedence and people want nothing but to take advantage of others. I think it's sad. I miss the days of Red Faction (no economy, just shooting).

Just wait a month or two and people will trade it for a scrap.

I got it from a nice winter crate, and i bought the key for the crate.

Gotta admit, its pretty awesome.

Supply and demand, bro.

You can only get it from a random drop or getting lucky with a nice crate, so there's not many people who have it.
    However, the promise of "you're immune to fire for two seconds" means EVERYONE wants to try it.

Therefore, the prices go up. They'll go down and normalize eventually, they always do. I'm still waiting to get a Manmelter.