Thread: New to the community

Default New to the community

Hi guys! I'm new to the ab/dl community and have been really interested in joining for a while. After lurking around here I feel this is the best place on the net. I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys. I've been a dl since I was like 6 and have never had anyone to talk to about it, so this is all new to me. But anyway I like reading books, listening to classic rock, playing video games, exercising, and playing board games. I'm a bit of a naturalist, and find a lot of truth in pondering on the wisdom of buddism. Though I have some great times with my friends, I find myself to be an introvert in most social settings. But with that said I'm looking forward talking with you guys!

Hello and welcome to ADISC. What is your favourite band? And your favourite song from that band?

Hi RawryCub Welcome!!! I just joined here a few days ago myself and must say i'm very happy i did. What kind of books are you in to?

My favorite band? Too many to choose from. I like bands like Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, the Doors, Steeve Miller, the Stones. I guess my favorite if I had to choose one would be Pink Floyd. I really enjoy listening to Fearless and the entire Meddle album in general.

Books... well I can't really say I've read too many but have been getting into the habit lately. I'm reading Aldus Huxley's Brave New World right now. I like sci fi books, and other deep kind of mind bending books but thus far my favorite author is Aldus Huxley. Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot and Huxley's Doors of Perception and Heavan and Hell are a couple of my favorites.

Well first off you have GREAT taste in music!!!! FYI you know Pink Floyd is touring in U.S next year ^^

I like Sci Fi books every now and then, I pretty much read any & every book done by Stephen King myself lol

Quote Originally Posted by RawryCub View Post
    Hi guys! I'm new to the ab/dl community and have been really interested in joining for a while. After lurking around here I feel this is the best place on the net. I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys. I've been a dl since I was like 6 and have never had anyone to talk to about it, so this is all new to me. But anyway I like reading books, listening to classic rock, playing video games, exercising, and playing board games. I'm a bit of a naturalist, and find a lot of truth in pondering on the wisdom of buddism. Though I have some great times with my friends, I find myself to be an introvert in most social settings. But with that said I'm looking forward talking with you guys!
    You are awesome in my book! lol The Doors and Pink Floyd are some of my favorite bands as well as Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, The Black Keys, The White Stripes, and the list goes on. I could talk about music for days! Do you play any instruments? I'm a fairly new bassist, myself.

Also, as I'm sure you can tell from my avatar, I'm interested in Buddhism as well and recently just studied the life of Siddartha Gautama. There is much wisdom to be found in the Middle Way.

As for books, I don't read too often either, but enjoy alduous huxley as well. I'd recommend reading some Herman Hesse, I think you'll enjoy his works.

I too love Pink Floyd, and I lived on The Doors, Hendrix, Eric Clapton and the Stones back when they were first doing their thing. I've read my fair share of sci-fi, though I enjoy horror and suspense. I write a bit myself and have three stories here on adisc. Welcome to the site.

I noodle around with my electric guitar from time to time but never really focused my interests on it. I'd like to get an acoustic so I can take it outside and not be so restricted to where I can play. Sometimes I get creative and sometimes I'm not, but I know with time my skills will improve as I notice I get a bit better every time. I'd imagine the bass be cool as I like to play a lot of rhythms on the lower strings.

Classic rock is the only type of music I can listen to all day. I could only image growing up back in their time. It's so true and real I feel compared to a lot of the popular music of today but thats just speculation.

I had always been interested in Buddhism but never really understood it. I recently read Buddhism: Plain & Simple by Steve Hagen and it all snapped into place. It was an overload of enlightenment and has changed my perception on life since. I have yet to get my meditation down as it is hard sometimes to find a good space and time to do so. But I'm in no hurry as I have learned a lot in so little time.