Thread: pampers 3 way do work buuuut....

Default pampers 3 way do work buuuut....

So I read in one of the previous threads that Pampers size 6 will in fact fit the waist of a 38" person. I tried this and found it to be true. Of course 3/4 of your backside is uncovered, but for a diaper for urination only this is kind of ideal for someone trying to use the baby diaper as a removable stuffer.

Here are my problems....
    1. The diaper will hold for all of 3 seconds before the tapes pop off. This is easily fixable by tying a knot in the tapes to secure them to one another, but it makes removal a problem.

2. While the sides do stretch to fit my waist they pull into essential two wires that dig into the skin of my hips uncomfortably.

The reason why I would like to diaper myself with the baby diaper under my adult diaper is to be able to prolong the adult diaper's longevity at work minimizing changes. It is very easy for me to dispose of a baby diaper at work, but the adult diaper is impossible. Further since I work in a close office I cannot take my changing bag to the restroom without notice. It is very easy to slip a baby diaper in your pocket and go to the restroom.

Now, one could say, just mod the adult diaper to hold more wettings. That is well and good, but it is not discreet and my voiding is unpredictable in intensity. Some days I won't wet but two times, other days I will be wetting every half hour. I have to wear a suit so I take thinner adult diapers as a boon. (Abena m3 is my current favorite)

Just stuffing the diaper works some, but the urine leaks out the diaper and the usefulness of using the baby diaper decreases.

Anyone have a better system?

So, this is Cruisers size 6? No way to get the 7's? Are you taping to the actual landing zone on the front of the diaper, or to the wings on either side?

The tapes really need to make it to the landing zone if they're to stay fastened. I've never had a Cruisers 7 come unfastened. On the other hand, with Baby Dry 6 and Extra Protection 6, the less-stretchy tapes only make it as far as the wings, and then they'll sometimes pop off.

As for the extreme tightness: Size 7 would help a little, but tightness is par for the course with baby diapers. The most obvious solution here would probably be to just lay the baby diaper inside your adult diaper, but perhaps also fasten the front edges of the diapers together with a small pin or piece of tape so that the inner diaper doesn't slide down when you move around. This also frees you from having to use Cruisers, which are not the most absorbent things. A nighttime baby diaper would probably do a better job of limiting the amount of "action" the adult diaper sees.

How frequently do you change the baby diapers?
    Why is it that you can't change adult diapers? (I imagine you just want to keep your IC side a secret, unless there are other reasons)

I was wondering if this might be a reasonable idea the other day for convenience and saving a bit of dosh. Just seems like they would leak almost instantly though.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    How frequently do you change the baby diapers?
    Why is it that you can't change adult diapers? (I imagine you just want to keep your IC side a secret, unless there are other reasons)
    It depends on the amount I go. If it is a small amount a baby diaper can last roughly 2 wettings. I wanted the diaper to do its job and then also be somewhat easy to remove as well. I will change the baby diaper perhaps 2x before it is necessary to change the adult diaper as well.

And yes, I want to keep what happens in my pants to myself. I work in a close environment with my co-workers. I have a small office that opens into the larger office proper with the secretaries. In order to get to the restroom I have to walk out of my office, in front two other people's desks, out the main office door, down two hallways to get to a non-private restroom. Any number of people would ask, "why are you carrying that bag?"

A great deal of my job is youth related. The last thing I want is a teenager finding out and then blabbing to others. To mask this I take a very professional approach and always wear a blazer over dress slacks. A thick diaper would make me waaaay too nervous in front of curious kids, especially when kids like to slap each other's rears.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper View Post
    I was wondering if this might be a reasonable idea the other day for convenience and saving a bit of dosh. Just seems like they would leak almost instantly though.
    I also considered that. If a baby diaper can take roughly the same number of wettings an adult diaper can before the adult diaper needs to be changed then this is also more economical.

1 adult diaper Abena M3 roughly 90 cents.
    1 baby diaper Pampers 3 way 33-40 cents
    if 3 baby diapers = 1 adult diaper in functional use you save nearly $2 by stuffing with baby diapers.

Incidentally, for those that have not tried the modding technique of inserting a baby diaper inside the adult diaper, the cost is also pretty amazing in that you can double your diaper's ability for 1/3 the cost (ergo, diaper doubling of adult diapers is not really the best method). There are a lot of nice threads on how to do this. It, however, does not make for great concealment.

Granted, sometimes I have no choice and will carry the bag, but I want to try to limit the number of full changes if possible.

Thanks for the ears!

Irataliw

Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    I also considered that. If a baby diaper can take roughly the same number of wettings an adult diaper can before the adult diaper needs to be changed then this is also more economical...
    So have you tried this much yet? You are basically suggesting just placing the pampers down the front like a pad? It seems like it should be OK as long as you swap it regularly. Have not used a baby nappy for a fair while, it would at least provide some giggles.

I have tried it and it does work, the only problem is that because it is only in the front of the diaper urine will trickle down the baby diaper into the adult diaper, making the middle of the diaper and the top portion of the adult diaper swell. This is inevitable for changes 2 & 3, but for the initial change, if the baby diaper is comfortably placed, given that hardly any urine ever goes up the back side of the diaper unless lying down, the baby diaper could handle 2-3 wettings comfortably with very little leaking into the adult diaper.

Either way, the baby diaper stuffed in the front does prolong a change of the adult diaper. I just wanted to try to further it

edit
    Also, on pricing out night time baby diapers I see they are nearly 65 cents per diaper. Not having tried this I would be curious on how much this diaper can take as it is only a little cheaper than the adult diaper, making costs a question. I will definitely give it a try though!
    Last edited by irataliw; 15-Dec-2011 at 22:32.

Baby Dry or Cruisers size six? You said you heard they can fit up to a 38" waist, is that the size of yours?

Yes. It fits, but barely, but not as a standalone diaper. It only covers a third of your bum, and the sides get pulled into your hip painfully, but yes they will stretch that much.