Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet problems

xdeadx

Default Internet problems

Sorry guys, I have been having connection problems. I don't know when I'll be able to post next. Y_Y
    Love you guys, be back as soon as possible.

( I used Drew hands to post this, telephones are awesome)

FullMetal

*Snuggles really tight* Don't be gone too long dude! Hope everything is fixed really really soon.

FullMetal

What kind of internet do you have? Comcast has been giving me problems, I don't know, it could be the wireless router though, because I always have to unplug mine for a few minutes to reset itself then the internet comes back.

Take it easy dude!

mine generaly works all the time. Of course whenever it stops working Verizon gets an angrey phone call and and the current offers of all their competiters.

I've noticed that you've been offline for a while now. IM sais 7+ days.
    Hope you'll be back soon.

kk, hurry back soon, hope this doesn't take too long

And thank god that it's just not this....

Crappy internet connection on a hydro pole

Its crap having an intermittent internet connection. I too have been experiencing my ADSL connection is disconnecting itself every now and then. And My network isn't a simple wireless router either.
    Is Linux picking up an ethernet connection - check?
    Is the DHCP server working - Check?
    Can I ping and/or login into the router web pannel - check?
    Can another computer access the internet - check?
    Have all switches been through a power cycle?
    Are all cables secure and picked up by switch - check?
    IS telephone cable ok- check?
    Tried the master socket - check?

Then as a last resort use tech support. go through everything, even if you have done it twice. They are bound to give you a new idea to try and in past they have been correct :P. I thought it was BT's fault, but it was partially theirs as it was their telephone line.

Anyway, hope you can get the issue resolved ASAP. We'll miss you.

I can't be bothered with wireless. Don't trust it. * pokes wirelessness & eyes it suspiciously. * More to go wrong and harder to figure out. Teaching old raccoons new tricks, as if.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    I can't be bothered with wireless. Don't trust it. * pokes wirelessness & eyes it suspiciously. * More to go wrong and harder to figure out. Teaching old raccoons new tricks, as if.
    I love wireless. Nothing like carrying my laptop around the apartment (except the bathroom - won't ever see me sh*tting and chatting :p).
    However, security is an issue. Too many people just plug in their router and never change a thing, so they're running unprotected wireless networks. When my own internet was down for a week the 2nd week of January, I just logged into other people's unprotected wireless networks (although I had to sit by the kitchen window for that). However, brand new routers come with preinstalled security...for the lazy people. :p

Peachy