Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ever thought of the best way to tell someone?

Default ever thought of the best way to tell someone?

so it popped into my head one day after my family looking at me wierd *because they could hear my diaper crinkle* which i was trying to be quiet about it...but i've been thinking up a few ways to just get it out there, even if it would be a lie, it would keep me from having to hide..so i think i have found out the best way for me to tell my family if i ever do.

Go to the doctor, tell them ive been having incontinence problems latly, and have been wearing diapers for protection, and since there are so many reasons that could cause incontinence and they have no idea what all of them are, i could have that back up story to be able to tell them the doctor cant find whats wrong with me other then that i need to wear 24/7 now.

(please excuse me if you cant understand what i just said, im extremely tired after a long day of work)

now i would probably never do this, but i thought it was a great idea for if i ever did or needed to.

If you have the courage, go for it. That scenario is one that i have always had in the back of my mind. Would your family react well to that? Keeping up a fib like that would be a lot more complicated than you think. Your parents and siblings may urge you to seek all kinds of crazy medical attention and things of that nature. Another problem is going back after you've done it, if you ever want to that is. You could always say "It's a Miracle!!!" but i'm sure people would be like hmm..

But what a thrill it would be to go through that explanation with your doctor and go down to nothing but a diaper for your physical. But i'm sure they would run some uncomfortable tests? Hmm. I would love to hear about it if you do it.

I think if you're going to tell your family tell them the truth. Small fibs have a tendency to explode into giant meshes of lies which can come tumbling down when you least expect it.

I also really doubt a doctor would go along with "Hi. I've been wetting myself but wear diapers so it's okay. Bye.". Incontinence problems can be a sign of other conditions and they'd want to get you checked out. If they find nothing you could end up being caught out that way...

dalekanium

I'm thinking of telling my mum by sending her an e-mail titled 'Hint Hint' containing this link

Andys Crib: What Parents Should Know

OK, I'll be the first one to say don't do it here. This has all been said so many times and I believe there are some good articles on here about it but you need to think of the implications of letting others know. Just because you are well accepted on here by people who are in the same situation does not mean that your family will remotely understand it. Let's consider the possibilities:

1. You lie about being incontinent and end up in endless painful medical exams where you are eventually told that you are fine.
    2. Your family freaks out, throws out your diapers, and forces you into psychological treatment
    3. They simply find it creepy and avoid you or treat you completely different

If you think those examples are extreme, they aren't. I'm drawing these examples from a year's worth of reading other people's posts when things didn't go well. Yes, there are people on here who have had things go very well when telling others but I've seen more go bad (or just neutral) than good.

I know that this advice isn't likely to stop anyone; at least, it never seems to stop anyone but please carefully consider what the possible bad outcomes could be before you make the leap to telling others. If you would be OK with any of the possible bad outcomes then I would say go ahead and tell because it's your life and for you to decide.

Yeah, i have to agree that trying to go to a doctor to have him write you off with something you tell him you have is a bad idea, it's their job to determine what you really have, so eventually they will find out. Not to mention that your family will expect you to be looking for a way to find control over it, if you aren't taking medical action they will start to wonder big time.
    If anything, telling them the truth is a better route, but be extremely sure that that is what you want to do. Consider the pros and cons and make sure the pros are good enough to risk it.

Default You need to really think about this

I've written about my own experiences doing this before and I would caution against it.

Why do you need to tell anyone? What benefit do you see? Are the benefits realistic? Have you considered the risks?

Going to the doctor is a waste of your doctor's time, will likely end up with you having needless and discomforting tests (tube inserted through your urethra into your bladder) and prevents your doctor from seeing patients who really do need his/her help. Finally, you are wasting money. Whether it is your money or your parents', your insurance company, or, if you live in a country with socialized medicine, your fellow taxpayers' money.

You want to tell people about your fetish, but aren't you doing that here? Can't you go to a website like Postsecret.com and make a submission there?

Put the shoe on the other foot. What if, out of the blue, your parents/sister/colleague sat you down and said, "BTW, just wanted you to know that I like super rough anal sex. And rolling around in Jell-o, but only grape, and never strawberry, while wearing white tube socks and green Y-fronts. Hope you're cool with that, dude." Wouldn't you be sitting there thinking, 'Why the hell are you telling me this? TMI, dude. TMI.'

In the end, it's up to you but I would really understand your own motivations first before you commit to any course of action.

I know that I wouldn't bother with my family. But, I did tell my wife. I had thought about telling her for years, and one night, after a couple of beers and taking an ambien (truth serum) I let it all out, showed her videos of me that I had made, etc. She was, "impressed". She gave me a hard time about it, but in a joking way, and has even participated a couple of times. If I were you I would focus on finding someone to love first. There's not sense in "coming out" if you don't have someone else to share it with.

I have told many friends, and one cousin I wear diapers. I told my friends a lie, and said I have an overactive bladder problem and have to wear diapers sometimes for leakage issues. They are fine with it and never ask me about it since. I keep the same story consistent with all of my friends, just incase they ever compare notes, which I seriously doubt they do. My cousin, I told her the truth. It was hard getting the courage up. I used a few links in the email I sent her. Two were of videos from Youtube. The Tyra Banks episode of the woman who wears diapers recreationally, and a British TV show episode of a guy about my age who wears for fun. They were both similar to my type of level in which I practice, so I thought it fit the bill well of explaining my case too. She watched the videos. Afterwards, she asked me tons of questions on the phone. I answered all of them, and she is cool with it. It rarely comes up in conversation, and she is the only family member who knows the truth and whole story. Its a nerve wracking experience though!

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum97 View Post
    I have told many friends, and one cousin I wear diapers. I told my friends a lie, and said I have an overactive bladder problem and have to wear diapers sometimes for leakage issues. They are fine with it and never ask me about it since. I keep the same story consistent with all of my friends, just incase they ever compare notes, which I seriously doubt they do. My cousin, I told her the truth. It was hard getting the courage up. I used a few links in the email I sent her. Two were of videos from Youtube. The Tyra Banks episode of the woman who wears diapers recreationally, and a British TV show episode of a guy about my age who wears for fun. They were both similar to my type of level in which I practice, so I thought it fit the bill well of explaining my case too. She watched the videos. Afterwards, she asked me tons of questions on the phone. I answered all of them, and she is cool with it. It rarely comes up in conversation, and she is the only family member who knows the truth and whole story. Its a nerve wracking experience though!
    Aside from giving your cousin the real story, your cover story puts you in the position of appearing to need diapers. This is dandy if you don't mind dealing with them any time you're out and about with friends but if your inclination is more toward occasional wear, it looks to me like it only creates more potential for hassles. If I were inclined to 24/7 or even daily wearing, I could see it might be helpful. That kind of consistency is unappealing to me and I would also expect I'd have to deal at some point with well-meaning advice on how to deal with it or referrals to good doctors and such. Not saying this isn't a good solution for you if it works, just pointing out that it's not a universal cure and anyone thinking about it should consider the possible hazards and whether or not they are greater than just being discreet.