Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savage offers Gingrich a bribe to drop out

Default Savage offers Gingrich a bribe to drop out

I heard that talk show host Michael Savage has offered GOP candidate Newt Gingrich one million dollars to drop out of the race. I hope Newt turns him down! One of the reasons our country is in the shape it's in is, that because for too long, good people that could have turned the tide and made a difference chose instead to take the money and run!

In related news, apparently the Savage Weiner still exists, and someone apparently gives a shit about something he said.

Meh, its either a publicity stunt for Savage or a ploy to allow Gingrinch to say "here, look, I didn't take this bribe(sic)!". I'm just curious to know if this was something that the Gingrinch campaign helped plan or not.

Also, one million dollars to drop out of a presidential race when you're leading the polls for your party is peanuts.

Butterfly Mage

I'd hardly call Newt Gingrich a "good man". The guy cheats on his many wives; he's been fined $300,000 for ethics violations; he owes half a million dollars in unsecured credit cards; he hates gays; he advocates child labor. Newt is an old, fat, phony Christian sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    I heard that talk show host Michael Savage has offered GOP candidate Newt Gingrich one million dollars to drop out of the race. I hope Newt turns him down! One of the reasons our country is in the shape it's in is, that because for too long, good people that could have turned the tide and made a difference chose instead to take the money and run!
    You've pretty much just demonstrated why this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Wow. My eyes cross involuntarily at the blatant naivete in this post.

You do realize Gingrich has been a lobbyist ever since he lost his seat in the House, don't you?

And in fact, he got paid 350,000 by Freddy Mac, and where did that money come from? TARP and bailouts, paid for by we the tax payers?

Hasn't he gotten enough money through bribes, crooked means, lobbying, and other shady methods? We shouldn't have to pay him to drop out. For the sake of the country, and our sanity, he should just drop out sans a $1,000,000 bribe.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    wait... isn't bribery illegal?
    Not always.

Generally it's illegal when the person is in charge of a public or legal duty and the bribe relates directly to a decision or action in that capacity.

I can bribe someone to eat 38 earthworms without committing a crime.