Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee drinkers UNITE!!!!

Default Coffee drinkers UNITE!!!!

So, for all you coffee drinkers out there, i have a question, and then a servay for you...but first my question.

I live where i am on well water, its hard, but still tastes great by itself. however, i have a 5 cup mr. coffee maker, which i have tried a few ways to make my coffee taste better but for some reason, every time i make it at home, it just doesnt taste right. ive tried adding more sugar and creamer to it, and also tried adding and subtracting how much grounds i put into my maker. now with this coffee maker it comes with one of those wire reusable baskets, which as of today i tried using regular filters with out the basket, but it still tastes weird. i was wondering what your suggestions would be on how to improve the taste of my coffee.

and now for your survey

1. how much is coffee apart of your life?
    2. how long can you go without having a cup of coffee?
    3. whats your favorite brand?
    4. where is your favorite place to drink coffee?

my answers
    1. it is the nectar of life for me
    2. about 12 hours (and im sleeping those 12)
    3. so far, for home made its Folgers, but there are some others that are good
    4. my favorite place is at a local coffee shop in town where they make the worlds best iced mocha's. OMG, they are sooooo great.

Put a bit of salt or egg shells in the basket I know sounds odd but it helps the tast off ground water and takes a bit of the bitter tast off without adding any other flavor.

As for me I take it black

I hardly ever drink coffee cause I'm sensitive to caffeine, but today I had a peppermint mocha and it was amazing.

I drink a lot of coffee during the day. Normally I try to keep it to about 36 ounces, but during these last couple weeks as I've been wrapping up papers for the end of the semester, I've been drinking a lot more of it (today, I drank 54 ounces of coffee).

Typically, I can go a day without if I want to, but normally I drink it every day. If I do stop for awhile, the headache lasts about 10 days.

I actually enjoy Meijer's house blend, but I enjoy any good roast (Starbucks does not qualify for this). Also, Tim Hortons coffee is fucking awesome! Also, I drink my coffee black, no additives.

I enjoy drinking coffee about anywhere, in class, at a coffee shop, sitting on the computer, whatever.

Colt , you need a percolator ! Yes they're more expensive, but the coffee tastes better (IMO) and they don't clog up !

1. If I have a cup in my hand, it's got coffee in it.
    2. Just long enough to brew another pot.
    3. Lately it's been Folger's Country Roast.
    4. Any place is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by plenka View Post
    Colt , you need a percolator ! Yes they're more expensive, but the coffee tastes better (IMO) and they don't clog up !

1. If I have a cup in my hand, it's got coffee in it.
    2. Just long enough to brew another pot.
    3. Lately it's been Folger's Country Roast.
    4. Any place is just fine.
    I'm going to vehemently disagree with you. Percolators are possibly the worst way to brew coffee devised by modern man. Because of the constant circulation of partially-brewed coffee as the rest of it brews, by the time the pot's done brewing, the early coffee has already burned from the high heat of the element. I find percolator coffee to taste bitter and burned. Personally, I enjoy a good French press, but barring that, a decent drip coffee maker will actually do a pretty good cup.

That said, percolators are really neat if for no other reason than watching the coffee hit the glass dome.

85%
    16 hours.
    Omar
    At work.

Perkulators burn coffee, never boil ti!
    Coffee is best lukewarm to cold and black with no sweetener.
    I make a pot at 6AM, fill my thermos and drink the last or it at 5 or 6 PM shortly before leaving work.

I think the problem is with your brand. My wife actually orders on line, Orleans' brand coffee. It's Columbia coffee, which is what you want. Folgers is probably coffee from Africa, and it's considered inferior. Consumer's Report did a lengthy study and found Eight O'Clock Columbian to be the best. Dunkin Donut's Dark Roast is also very good. Even Kroger's Morning Blend is much like Eight O'Clock Columbian.

I also use the Vanilla Creamer which greatly enhances the flavor. I have a small Mr. Coffee maker and I use 2 scoops for four cups and one cup for three. I know that sounds weird, but it works. If all of this fails then I would suspect it's your water. You could try making your coffee with bottled water and see if it tastes better.

Now for the survey:

Two to three cups in the morning. Without it, I'm a bear

the work day, but then I have a cup when I get home

Orleans Coffee Exchange brand. At the store, Eight O'clock, Dunkin' Donuts

at home in the morning at the kitchen table

Scootalooo

I drink far to much, it helps to get me up in the morning to

About 2 hours

Russell (haha get it?) Nescafe probably

evreywhere

I have one of those coffee makers with a timer so I wake up and its waiting for me.

I take it black always black.

Two cups the morning. Maybe one in the evening.

A day. Every one and a while I take a week off to lower my tolerance to caffeine.

Goya, strong stuff

my kitchen