Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alka-Seltzer

Default Alka-Seltzer

OK being inspired by the Diaper Volcano thread I decided to try something similar, and with better results I may add. I placed Alka-Seltzer in a diaper and added water.

Now the first time I tried this I took the contents of a 36 count pack and put them in a coffee grinder to turn them into a fine powder. It took too long and I believe shortened the reaction time.

Fast forward to just a moment ago I escalated the experiment to opening 72 tablets and pouting them whole into a diaper. I then stepped into the tub and added a half a gallon of water. The result was quite interesting and I believe will be repeated on a larger scale.

Que Mythbusters theme music. Next time, I think I'll try between six and nine boxes, that would be between 216 and 324 tablets.

Also I'm not sure it will work well and am sure the cleanup will be more involved, but I'm thinking of filling a diaper with diet coke and adding mentos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	6883  

Cherub

Sounds like you are rather adventurous. It sounds interesting, but at nine boxes, that is a bit too expensive for me.

" Plop, plop... Fizz, fizz... Oh, what a relief it is. "

Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    Can you explain what happens?

Well, in highly technical terms it makes much bubbly fizzing against your tender sensitive bits. I highly recommend it.

Sounds interesting to try. Though do you really need to use that many in a single use?
    Just sounds costly.
    I wonder how the Diet Coke Mentos thing would work now too.

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    " Plop, plop... Fizz, fizz... Oh, what a relief it is. "
    I cracked up laughing loud at this

Quote Originally Posted by StargazerBleu View Post
    I cracked up laughing loud at this
    Ditto...

I've never been much into the banana, marshmallow, oatmeal, or any of the other "place it in your diaper" experiments, but I just might give this one a try...

Sounds interesting to try. Though do you really need to use that many in a single use?
    Just sounds costly.
    After several experiments, no you do not need to use that many. I find that two boxes of store brand tablets (72 tablets at a rough cost of $5.00) provides ample reaction with a point of diminishing returns over that.

This morning I sat in the tub and tried to press the diaper anywhere air was escaping to make it air tight. The diaper blew up like a balloon and ruptured in the front to allow the building pressure to escape.

I wonder how the Diet Coke Mentos thing would work now too.
    I can only assume the SAP in the diaper provides the catalyst for nucleation. The Coke fizzed up immediately upon entering the diaper and had no carbonation to react when the Mentos were applied.

As a side note, 2 liters of Coke in a diaper is a rather disturbing sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    As a side note, 2 liters of Coke in a diaper is a rather disturbing sight.
    Like black urine? XD That's what I'd imagine, or like you've got an angry squid in your diaper squirting ink everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Like black urine? XD That's what I'd imagine, or like you've got an angry squid in your diaper squirting ink everywhere.
    I hate it when that happens.