Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depends vs tena

Default Depends vs tena

My local store only stocks tena and depends, which brand would you all say is better and what is the most absorbant product

I have just recently got my first pack of tena supers to try something new and so far I think that the tena supers absorb better then the Depends max fitted. Haven't had a leak from them yet and I tend to have leaks with the depends often. So i'd say the tena supers are better.

I've tried Depend fitted briefs and Tena Slips and Tena are far superior in my opinion. Depends have a paper/cloth-based backing whereas Tena have a soft plastic backing (or at least they did when I tried them a couple of years ago). Tena are probably a bit more absorbent and definitely a much better fit, but the plastic backing is enough to sell me in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by codebreaker View Post
    I've tried Depend fitted briefs and Tena Slips and Tena are far superior in my opinion. Depends have a paper/cloth-based backing whereas Tena have a soft plastic backing (or at least they did when I tried them a couple of years ago). Tena are probably a bit more absorbent and definitely a much better fit, but the plastic backing is enough to sell me in any case.
    Thats weird. The materials used for yours are the opposite as what I have.
    The depends that I have always had were plastic back and the last time I bought some was only like 4-5 months ago. And for the Tena's I could only get cloth backed which I have now.

It depends (hehe) on which Tena products they have. If they've got Tena Slip Super or Tena Slip Maxi then they're pretty decent plastic backed diapers (in the UK at least) when compared to Depends. If they're a different type of Tena then they might not be so good.

Tena, up here in Canada Tena has the cloth backed while depends has plastic. I've hardly had any leaks with Tena compared to Depends. Here Tena is a little more expensive then Depends but definately worth it. Not sure what stores you have down there but check the fliers. I've noticed that Tena's go on sale quite often for very reasonable price.

alu

The Tena maxi's and supers are the best if your getting some, depends suck :P

Thanks guys

The verdit sounds pretty unanimous towards tena maxi etc. I'll be off to boots chemist on Friday
    ( first time buying with actual cashier) I usally buy drynites or simmeler using self scan checkouts.

Tena maxi is a good choice. Good luck with your shopping trip on Friday Don't stress about it, the cashier will be professional and wont so much as give you a second glance!

CrinklySiren

lol at first i thought this was a trolling thread, but yeah Tena i better BY FAR. Cloth backed here in the US and plastic in the UK. As for the person going shopping for more, dont worry, they wont ask questions or even make a face, because surprisingly enough the people at the cashiers dont usually care or notice WHAT you buy because they're too busy thinking about going home or whatever else is entertaining their mind.