Thread: Hi

Default Hi

I'm new here and just looking for like minded people. I'm mainly a DL although I think some role playing is interesting. I also have a poop fetish, but that's a different story.

Okay, well welcome to the site; what other things are you interested in aside from diapers?

Quote Originally Posted by d1apexplorer View Post
    I'm new here and just looking for like minded people. I'm mainly a DL although I think some role playing is interesting. I also have a poop fetish, but that's a different story.
    Welcome to adisc!

However, your introduction doesn't really tell us much about you...
    What are your hobbies? What do you do for a living? What kind of music do you like? Do you celebrate any winter holidays, and if so, what are you planning for them? <--These are the sort of things we'd like to know!

I hope you enjoy Adisc, and have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Welcome to adisc!

However, your introduction doesn't really tell us much about you...
    What are your hobbies? What do you do for a living? What kind of music do you like? Do you celebrate any winter holidays, and if so, what are you planning for them? <--These are the sort of things we'd like to know!

I hope you enjoy Adisc, and have a great day!
    Hi, I purposely left it vague, mainly out of fear of saying too much and having others find out. I'm in my 30's, a computer programmer, and enjoy both playing and listening to music. I have a fairly expansive set of skills (backed up with hundred of credit hours of study and several majors at the undergrad level) in math, science, and computers, and usually apply those skills in the area of scientific programming. I don't want to say too much because at my age you can't write this off as a "phase" and it would pretty much be the end of me in the community I live in and with my work relationships. Finally, I have mild autism and ADD, and despite all that am married.

For me this started as a pooping fetish which started with pooping diapers, but since I never had access to them, I usually just made a mess and cleaned up before my parents came home. When I say it started young, I mean as early as I can remember, 3 or 4, I was getting sexually stimulated by the feel of diapers and messing myself. I'm pretty sure that's how fetishes work, you are imprinted when you are young, and once that happens, it can't be un-learned. Throughout my life this fetish has followed me, and it's only been the last few years that I've completely come to terms with it, and even told my wife (but not my family, that would be too much).

My wife understandably isn't into it but sometimes goes along to make me happy. One thing that I've learned is that these types of fetishes, especially when they start early in childhood, never leave you, and you are far better off if you learn to accept it and find a community of like-minded people than hiding in the closet. One thing that I have wished is that this forum would have a greater separation between adults and children. I have no doubts that like me, many of the kids on here are into this for sexual reasons. While I think that sexual exploration is normal and healthy, I can't help but wonder what some of the more conservative elements of our society would say if they found a fetish website, aimed at support, but that allowed minors and adults to mix. I bet they could have a field day with the implications, not to mention the near witch-hunt tone of our sex offender laws. So, has there been any discussion of keeping adults and minors separate for those of us who are worried about the implications of a fetish website (nevermind that content is PG-13, ABDL is a fetish) that purportedly encourages both age groups to mix? That's not a knock against those that are young. I wish we had reasonable laws in this area, and I think it's pretty screwed up that I even have to worry about being on a message board, but that's the reality. It takes a great amount of courage to find yourself at a young age, so for what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for the "kids" here.

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 ----------

I forgot to mention that I am agnostic/atheist, but do celebrate Christmas with our extended family, who are mostly Christian. I like both classical music and contemporary rock, pop, or whatever is on the radio (except some rap and country, a lot of it is too stylized and just seems to lack any substance. Actually a lot of pop music has this problem, the song ends up being more about demonstrating the benefits of auto tune and voice synth, and less about creating actual music.) Being a computer geek I get quite a bit of music through the net, so it's a pretty eclectic mix. I've been listening to radiohead and delirium when I am at work lately.

Quote Originally Posted by d1apexplorer View Post
    One thing that I have wished is that this forum would have a greater separation between adults and children. I have no doubts that like me, many of the kids on here are into this for sexual reasons. While I think that sexual exploration is normal and healthy, I can't help but wonder what some of the more conservative elements of our society would say if they found a fetish website, aimed at support, but that allowed minors and adults to mix. I bet they could have a field day with the implications, not to mention the near witch-hunt tone of our sex offender laws. So, has there been any discussion of keeping adults and minors separate for those of us who are worried about the implications of a fetish website (nevermind that content is PG-13, ABDL is a fetish) that purportedly encourages both age groups to mix? That's not a knock against those that are young. I wish we had reasonable laws in this area, and I think it's pretty screwed up that I even have to worry about being on a message board, but that's the reality. It takes a great amount of courage to find yourself at a young age, so for what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for the "kids" here.
    I understand your point, and I've heard this sentiment before [link removed]. I know I would be incredibly uncomfortable were I thirty, visiting this site due to a sexual interest, and noticing children as young as thirteen posting on the site. There is a "Mature" forum, but you can access it no matter what age you are, for sometimes the younger ones have questions that belong in there. Perhaps there should be an 18+ restricted forum, if that is something a great deal of the community would like.

However, I would discourage making the site unavailable for minors. This is sort of a safe haven for those who, like I did at fourteen, tried to find communities to explain certain desires present. Not necessarily sexual desires; I find that generally DLs are into it for sexual reasons, but most on the *B side are nonsexual. Sometimes DLs don't even have sexual feelings associated with diapers.
    Whether or not *BDL is sexual, though, someone still will notice that they have a side of them that ought to be kept in private, and the post-1990 generation's answer to everything is Google.

That said, the first sites that pop up when searching what you want will probably not be Adisc. They probably won't even be catered towards minors, and instead will be unsafe. I know my first several sites were not Adisc, and I will honestly never return to the places I found first. Minors disregard age restrictions, and instead go wherever they want to go, lying in order to get there. Why? Because sometimes there isn't an alternative. There really aren't any "TB Only" sites that are still active. If Adisc bars itself entirely, then the minors will just flock towards unhealthy sites... You will note that when Deeker was around, there were minors on his site --little boys-- who were encouraged to post pictures of themselves in diapers. I wasn't there, but I've heard stories from people who were.

We need a place. In another year, I'll be 18, and this won't matter too much to me, but speaking as someone who was once naive and 14, traversing the internet to discover what it's called when you like non-sexual regression, and turning up nothing... We need a safe place. I'm thankful for Moo, who originally created "TBDL.org" as a teenager, and has since transformed it into Adisc.

But for those who also remark that adults need safe places too, I agree that mingling with minors cannot be the most ... comfortable feeling in the world, and I admit that there may need to be some boundaries. Something should at least be considered.

Sorry for the huge response! :P
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 27-Dec-2011 at 18:04. Reason: removed link to 18+ site

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    I understand your point, and [link removed]. I know I would be incredibly uncomfortable were I thirty, visiting this site due to a sexual interest, and noticing children as young as thirteen posting on the site. There is a "Mature" forum, but you can access it no matter what age you are, for sometimes the younger ones have questions that belong in there. Perhaps there should be an 18+ restricted forum, if that is something a great deal of the community would like.

However, I would discourage making the site unavailable for minors. This is sort of a safe haven for those who, like I did at fourteen, tried to find communities to explain certain desires present. Not necessarily sexual desires; I find that generally DLs are into it for sexual reasons, but most on the *B side are nonsexual. Sometimes DLs don't even have sexual feelings associated with diapers.
    Whether or not *BDL is sexual, though, someone still will notice that they have a side of them that ought to be kept in private, and the post-1990 generation's answer to everything is Google.

That said, the first sites that pop up when searching what you want will probably not be Adisc. They probably won't even be catered towards minors, and instead will be unsafe. I know my first several sites were not Adisc, and I will honestly never return to the places I found first. Minors disregard age restrictions, and instead go wherever they want to go, lying in order to get there. Why? Because sometimes there isn't an alternative. There really aren't any "TB Only" sites that are still active. If Adisc bars itself entirely, then the minors will just flock towards unhealthy sites... You will note that when Deeker was around, there were minors on his site --little boys-- who were encouraged to post pictures of themselves in diapers. I wasn't there, but I've heard stories from people who were.

We need a place. In another year, I'll be 18, and this won't matter too much to me, but speaking as someone who was once naive and 14, traversing the internet to discover what it's called when you like non-sexual regression, and turning up nothing... We need a safe place. I'm thankful for Moo, who originally created "TBDL.org" as a teenager, and has since transformed it into Adisc.

But for those who also remark that adults need safe places too, I agree that mingling with minors cannot be the most ... comfortable feeling in the world, and I admit that there may need to be some boundaries. Something should at least be considered.

Sorry for the huge response! :P
    No worries, I really appreciate the huge response. I do agree with the idea of having an over 18 forum that has restricted access. The thing is, for me this started as early as I can remember, and when I became sexually active at 12, was a big part of it. So, it doesn't shock me in the least that there are kids out there doing this. However, it's really getting into some serious issues when as an adult I find myself reading the sexual fantasis of someone in their early teens. I really don't want to experience the full machinery of our para military police force running off on some wild eyed rampage/witch hunt looking for people that are slightly different, and once found, making an example out of them. So, it's not that the material shocks me or that I find this exploration to be a problem, it's just that I have concerns about reading this stuff as an adult.

The other thing to keep in mind is that we are just barely starting to reach a point where we have any kind of wisdom as a culture in the realm of sexual matters. It's taken decades for gays to come out, and it wasn't until recently that people came to understand that our desires and interests are not choices. You can't choose your sexual orientation, and you can't choose your fetishes. As I mentioned before, I think it's due to imprinting. Most of the time people that are in a society will pick up on the "right" sexual cues when they are developing and use that information to learn about mating practices.
    So, while we aren't pre-programmed with a mating ritual like some species, the wiring does get set early in childhood and again early in adolescence. Once it's set, there is very little that one can do to change it. It's a statistical process. You are only likely to be normal, not guaranteed. Leaving the choice of what interests us in the hands of a random event that is associated with our first sexual arousal GUARANTEES that we are going to have a bunch of "odd ducks". In other words, it's absolutely normal to be different. We aren't born with strong sexual orientations, and much of how we turn out is left up to random chance, which quite obviously can produce a lot of different outcomes.

I personally think that sexual variety and (admittedly limited) flexibility about what interests us makes individuals more adaptable, and encourages mating among different groups. If having the trait of variety and flexibility was an actual problem for our species, it would have disappeared quite a while ago. I think if our culture had any insight or wisdom in this area, we would celebrate, understand, and expect for there to be difference, rather than entering into hysterical convulsions any time we are confronted with something outside the norm.

I agree that adults need safe places too. As an adult I've pretty much taken the deny and hide approach my entire life. I keep it to myself, and no one knows. I would like for that to change, but I get faced with the same stuff that you did. It's like there is a binary choice. You can either take the fetish to it's extreme, do it all the time, etc., or you can hide it, but trying to find a middle ground of just having a partner (or friends) to explore it with seems impossible (I no more want to see a messy diaper as the background of a scat site than I want to see wide open shot of a woman's genitalia on a dating site, but I don't think class is a concept that these folks understand).

Would you mind recommending or P.M.ing me some of the adult sites that you found that seemed reasonable (if any). I've seen quite a few, and most of them look pretty sleazy and are way too over the top for my tastes.

P.S. How's that for a tangent? I forgot to mention that verbosity is my secret super power.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 27-Dec-2011 at 18:07. Reason: updating to match edited post above