Thread: The Amazing Universe!

Default The Amazing Universe!

I'm looking for some intelligent feedback on why you may or may NOT agree with what I have to say.

So, I was browsing Tool videos on Youtube (big surprise, right?), and I saw a comment stating that they use the Solfeggio scales in their music. I did some digging, and I found THIS WEBSITE!

solfeggiofrequencies.net

Turns out that these are natural frequencies found in everything! From the universe itself to the cells in your body, everything emits a certain frequency. As seen in the "Sounds and Salt Patterns" video, the metal plate has its own frequencies, and makes geometric shapes when other specific frequencies are played into it! The higher the frequencies get, the more complex the design. It can go beyond the range of human hearing as well, just as long as the plate can respond to the wavelength.

DNA can also be repaired when you listen to Gregorian and Sanskrit chants, which are in tune with the Solfeggio scales. There are 7 frequencies in all, each used in a different mystical/physical reparation of sorts.

So, I have a question for YOU:
    If the stars, planets, every singular object in space were formed through the universe, is it not possible that their shapes were influenced by the universe's vibration?
    Even further, is it not possible that all life on Earth was formed through the influence of the Earth's vibration as well? Think about it: EVERYTHING in the universe is spherical. The Earth is spherical, stars are spherical, and atoms are spherical. And don't even get me started on the Phi ratio...

Do you see what I'm getting at? Here is another question:
    Where does this stand in the aspect that God created us through his own image? That God created the stars and the universe in totally different steps? As far as the Bible goes, at least.

I'm not trying to prove that there is no God. I'm just saying that the Biblical God is something to really look into a second time.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I just really wanted to see what others think.

funny thing about the relationship between different frequencies and paranormal events. almost every single "haunted" location shares a single characteristic: whatever room it's in, it serves as a resonating chamber for a sound that is below the human threshold of hearing, but it still influences our body and brain. this particular frequency is responsible for the feelings of dread and fear when we enter such a place that has this specific sound. (also why it's usually someone's basement)

intersting bit of info for ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    funny thing about the relationship between different frequencies and paranormal events. almost every single "haunted" location shares a single characteristic: whatever room it's in, it serves as a resonating chamber for a sound that is below the human threshold of hearing, but it still influences our body and brain. this particular frequency is responsible for the feelings of dread and fear when we enter such a place that has this specific sound. (also why it's usually someone's basement)

intersting bit of info for ya there.
    Ah yes, I know what you're talking about! Well about the frequency that produces a feeling of fear; I didn't know that haunted houses were induced from these sounds. Interesting!

Look up I-Doser. It's a very large set of binaural beats that are meant to procure very specific emotions and experiences. I tried it, and it really, really works. Their scariest one made my arms go numb for several minutes. It's awesome!

Well, every single thing in the universe is made of energy, and larger energy masses influence smaller ones. I'd never really thought about it in terms of sound but everything has a vibration all it's own. So makes sense to me what you're getting at. This is the kind of thing that a lot of the ancient arts and sciences were based on. Everything has a pattern to it which would be a manifestation of what you're talking about and these would be visible if our brains weren't constantly assulted with the massive amount of input which the brain then has to filter through for importance. As for God... well, I think that God lives within and the term "image" is probably a euphemism , or an image that is not neccessarily visual if that makes any sense. But I think that you're really onto something, with where you're going with this.
    Last edited by plenka; 29-Nov-2011 at 07:00.

Natural frequencies are determined mainly by mass rather than shape. A cubic star and spherical star of equal and constant density and mass would have the same frequency. The shape of stars is moreso a matter of stability. A mass of dust large enough to exert an appreciable amount of internal gravitational attraction will settle into a rough sphere not because of frequencies, but because the gravitational attraction is acting identically in all directions with respect to mass and density. Essentially, it's the shape that minimizes the amount of energy required to retain it. It's mainly a case study in entropy.

There aren't seven frequencies in all. There's an unlimited number. I have one. You have one. The computer you're reading this on has one. The Empire State Building has one. The sun has one. Your dog has one. The hot dog you had for lunch had one. You got a new one the moment you picked up the hot dog and added its mass to your own. And you'll have a new frequency again when its remains go into a nice, fresh diaper- though not until you remove the diaper and effectively separate its mass from your own. You can calculate these frequencies with a relatively simple equation, though I can't recall it and I'm getting too many false positives on Google to refresh my memory. More complicatedly, you'd have to use differential equations to account for shape and density. But these are mainly for local values as the frequency of an object at a certain point won't be the same as at every other point. But if you use integration to recombine the differential equation, you should get something resembling the more classical calculation.

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    Doesn't necessarily need to be a frequency below human hearing. Low frequencies in general are well studied to induce feelings of dread. Movies exploit this frequency: take this super-creepy scene from The Sixth Sense as an example. The Ring did it in its climactic scene as well (though since I like sleeping at night, I'm not posting that, and hope that no one else does either).

Interestingly, it's possible to "hear" pitches too low for human ears indirectly. I don't know offhand what general ranges of frequencies humans can hear, so I'll use simple numbers. Say that the range of human hearing is 100 to 200 hz. Your ears can't hear a frequency of 20 hertz. But if one ear hears a frequency of 175 hz and the other hears a frequency of 155 hz, your brain will essentially combine the two and you'll "hear" 20 hertz. Listen to binaurals sometime- they're trippy. Just make sure you have a pair of stereo headphones- you need to make sure each sound reaches one and only one ear. This effect people will use to help achieve meditative states. I would assume your haunted house anecdote may well be an example of this playing out.
    Last edited by AEsahaettr; 30-Nov-2011 at 00:30.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    There aren't seven frequencies in all. There's an unlimited number.
    I meant there are seven which the mind reacts to. I'm aware there are different frequencies for everything; the metal plate video is a great example of that!

I can agree with the whole gravitational pull fact as well, but I'm not too sure about how atoms are spherical, along with protons and neutrons.

I don't know. I'm really excited about this topic, so I'm probably just going off on wild tangents! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral View Post
    I can agree with the whole gravitational pull fact as well, but I'm not too sure about how atoms are spherical, along with protons and neutrons.
    Only roughly. You have a clump of protons and neutrons in the middle that's somewhat ball-shaped. Electrons are a funny story. The simple explanation is that they don't layer so much as the atom is surrounded by a probability cloud that the electrons are inside. This can take many shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    Only roughly. You have a clump of protons and neutrons in the middle that's somewhat ball-shaped. Electrons are a funny story. The simple explanation is that they don't layer so much as the atom is surrounded by a probability cloud that the electrons are inside. This can take many shapes.
    My biology teacher told us that there's a theory going around that electrons aren't even constant: they're like little blips on a radar in that they only spontaneously occur in the electron cloud! There are also even smaller units inside the subatomic particles called quarks too. I saw that on some program a long time ago haha.

And it's not just 7 frequencies that have an effect on the mind, it's actually 9.

I meant there are seven which the mind reacts to.
    Quoi?

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

My biology teacher told us that there's a theory going around that electrons aren't even constant: they're like little blips on a radar in that they only spontaneously occur in the electron cloud!
    There are a bunch of theories and that's shades of a few.

There's something called the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (look it up on Wikipedia). You can't know both the location of an electron and it's velocity at any given time. This is why a lot of theories explaining the nature of electrons are extremely weird.

The thing is, the electron is traditionally thought of as a particle, but in ways it behaves a heck of a lot like a wave. The "location" of the electron is simply the one point where the wave doesn't cancel itself out through destructive interference.