Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

I suppose I will start off introducing myself, however this will be a shared account for my little one and myself and so the focus will be more on her, naturally.

We're both relatively new to this and so any advice or helpful comments are very much welcome! It would be nice for us to get to know some other Top&babies as well and along that line, we're very open to chatting.

I am by no means an expert and I hope to get some help and make some friends along the way while I'm here. I want to know as much as I can about this lifestyle so I can properly take care of my little one.

For chatting purposes, you can call me Owl and my little one Bee.

And I'll let her introduce herself now:

Don't you think she summed mostly everything up?

... I'm trying to figure out what to put in this introduction. S-So... the 'cheat sheet' says I should start out with my name? Uhm, Owl already said. M-My interests? I'm a writer of sorts and I enjoy reading? I'm also a fan of classical music and fashion, to a certain extent. I like to come up with characters and write out short stories, or long ones. ... c:

... O-Oh. What am I looking for? ... U-Uhm... more friends? It's hard for Owl and I because we're new to this and we're a couple and she wants more Top friends and I want more little friends? It'd just be nice to be able to... uhm... talk about pacies or Winnie the Pooh with someone sometimes?

... Thanks for reading. c: ... Hopefully I'll see some of you around? Buh-bye for now!
    Last edited by bumblingbee; 29-Nov-2011 at 20:04.

Sheesh! Nobody's replied to your intro yet? D=

Welcome to ADISC! =3

I have to say, this is an extremely interesting introduction, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.

So, this is an account shared by two people, apparently. That's quite interesting, you may well be the first to do that here, or at least the first to approach it like you've just done.

So, aside from my piqued interest at the nature of your account, I have a couple of "getting-to-know-you" questions for either of you, or the both of you.

Typically, a "good" introduction helps members get to know the "real" you, not just the ADISC side. Hobbies, things like that. That having been said, introductions can be difficult for some people, and I doubt 5% of the people here can say they can look back on their introductory post and be satisfied with it. I certainly can't, my intro was short and uninformative. So far as I'm concerned, this intro was better than half the ones we've been seeing, and certainly more intriguing than any of them. =)

Bee: Very nice intro, what sort of things do you like to read? Any specific favorite authors or genre?
    Also, classical music, awesome! I happen to like classical myself.

Owl: We didn't really get a lot out of you, do you have any favorite authors or musicians, or any mainstream hobbies that you enjoy?

To both of you, welcome to the boards, and bravo on originality. Hopefully Moo (The 'Big Cheese' around here) approves of the way you two decided to join, you seem like decent folk.

See ya around!
    -Desco

bee here. :3

thanks for welcoming us! i was worried because the html was a bit messed up so i thought you'd all sort of think less of owl and me? ahaha. anyway. c: uhm, to answer your questions? i'm a pretty big fan of chuck palahniuk and john green. mmm, and my favorite books right now are extremely loud and incredibly close and looking for alaska. oh!! i also /love/ catcher in the rye. i'll never not love that book! and uh huh, classical. :3 bach's my favorite and the prelude to his first cello suite is so beautiful.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

o-oh. fixed the font by myself! :3

Scootalooo

Quote Originally Posted by bumblingbee View Post
    bee here. :3

thanks for welcoming us! i was worried because the html was a bit messed up so i thought you'd all sort of think less of owl and me? ahaha. anyway. c: uhm, to answer your questions? i'm a pretty big fan of chuck palahniuk and john green. mmm, and my favorite books right now are extremely loud and incredibly close and looking for alaska. oh!! i also /love/ catcher in the rye. i'll never not love that book! and uh huh, classical. :3 bach's my favorite and the prelude to his first cello suite is so beautiful.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

o-oh. fixed the font by myself! :3
    Welcome you and ur little one

hope u have fun

thank you! i'm sure Owl and i will.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Desco, thank you for welcoming us so warmly! We thought it would be better to do a joint account, at least for now, while we test out the waters - since we're both new to this.

As to your questions, I suppose I'll say I'm more of a fantasy, sci-fi kinda girl but I also love classics like Jane Eyre and Sense and Sensibility. I'm in love with the X-Men and Batman and I cannot get enough of folksy music like Noah and the Whale and Mumford and Sons.

I'm looking forward to getting to know lots of people here, so thanks again for making us feel welcomed!

~Owl

Welcome to ADISC

Glad to see you two have such a good relationship. It is always heartwarming to see people finding a good match.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblingbee View Post
    this will be a shared account for my little one and myself and so the focus will be more on her, naturally.
    Unfortunately, we can't permit joint accounts. Our rule is one account per person, and no account sharing.
    One of you (you decide which) can keep using this account, but the other will need to register their own account.
    You can always post in the requests forum (or email (moo at adisc dot org)) if you're have issues during registration.

we can split our account if we absolutely have to. it's just what works well for us so that she can see what i'm doing and we don't have to try and hide anything from each other, you know? we have a joint account mostly so that she can keep tabs on what i'm doing. ;3

but we can split this account.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

we're going to split it. don't worry! thank you for being so polite, though. :3

Welcome to the site, both of you. You will be able to see each other on the account, and you both can write together at the same time if you have two computers. My wife has no desire to be on adisc, but we have two laptops, one tabletop, and my wife's Ipad. We have had couples before who get on together, at the same time and banter back and forth. I think it actually works better that way. You'll see yourself come up, and your mate, each one as an individual post.

I am a professional church musician, and an organist. I have played a lot of J. S. Bach in my time, and so I love his music. I would agree about his first cello sonata. It's amazing how much he gets out of the single line. His organ sonatas are interesting as there is one line for the right hand, one for the left, and one for the pedals. They take a lot of practice to play well. I also am a writer and have three stories on this site, and one short story on Nookbook. I am working on a novel.

I love, LOVE---- Catcher in the Rye. It was my mantra through high school and college, along with many other works. I was Arthur Rimbaud through college. I had a poem published when in college, both in paper back and hard back. Literature is power.

it'll probably be a lot easier for us on seperate accounts. >D ahaha. thank you for welcoming us! (and for appreciating the arts!)

babyDavid

im into fashion too! do you design anything? im just starting out and have nobody to bounce ideas off of...