View Poll Results: When is it OK to start (voluntarily) listening to Christmas Music?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anytime of the Year - Christmas Music is Awesome

7 8.75%
  • After Halloween

1 1.25%
  • After Thanksgiving

19 23.75%
  • Anytime in December

26 32.50%
  • Only the week of Christmas

5 6.25%
  • NEVER! - Christmas Music drives me insane

22 27.50%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it OK to Start (voluntarily) listening to Christmas Music?

Default When is it OK to Start (voluntarily) listening to Christmas Music?

So my girlfriend was mad at me yesterday because i had my radio turned to one of those 24hr Christmas music stations, because i LOVE Christmas music. And my argument was that it was OK now because it was after Thanksgiving, and she says that i had to wait til at least December.

I mean come on... retail stores have been playing it since midnight on Halloween. I always thought as soon as Thanksgiving festivities were over, it was officially Christmas season.

So what do you think?

I don't care for 95% of Christmas music, as I'm not a celebrator of the holiday, but I don't think there should be Christmas ANYTHING until after Thanksgiving. That especially goes towards TV commercials.

Peachy

December 24th at 5pm. I'm glad every year when Dec 27th rolls around and all the Christmas music is finally gone off the radio again.

acorn

Default Good tidings to you this festive season.

Santaís reindeer were all busted for smoking pot, apparently by getting high was how they were managing to fly around. So be warned, donít hold your breath while waiting for presents from fatso this year.

Never for me, I hate christmas music. Thankfully the stations I like to listen to will not play that stuff, but still have to listen to it at stores ughhh. If I HAVE to hear then, then not until after Thanksgiving at the earliest.

I love christmas music, for me though I think any time in December is the right time to be listening. (That said I was having a cheeky listen to "fairytale of new york" the other day after hearing it in a christmas advert)

Butterfly Mage

Jesus wasn't even born in December. The Church moved the holiday to the middle of winter to compete with the Pagans (whom the Church later murdered en masse).

Everything about Christmas is Pagan -- the trees, the mistletoe, the holly, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    Never for me, I hate christmas music. Thankfully the stations I like to listen to will not play that stuff, but still have to listen to it at stores ughhh. If I HAVE to hear then, then not until after Thanksgiving at the earliest.
    I agree entirely

I like to listen to some of it.
    I would say after Thanksgiving is ok in my opinion.

Personally I prefer to keep the Christmas music to December...or a few days before.

And to be honest, some stuff I hate having to listen to, but others I'll go out and find a copy if I really like the song. Trans Siberian Orchestra ftw!