Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a Test.

Thumbs up This is a Test.

This is called the DAP Test, or the Draw A Person Test. It's an "amateur personality test" as my psych teacher called it. It's quite interesting! Be sure not to take a sneak peek of the other instructions that are hidden!

The instructions:
    1) Get a piece of paper, and draw a person, however you perceive one to be.

...That's that. Now, for clarification:

YOU CANNOT GO FORWARD UNTIL YOU'VE COMPLETED STEP ONE!

Really. Don't click the "Show" button until you've drawn your first person.
    If you have, then click on the "Show" Button!

Now, one you have done that, reveal the next step. These are questions to ask yourself:

Enjoy!

first person was the same sex as me.
    I didn't erase at all actually I had the image in my head and I thought that would be enough :P
    the are pretty equal in height
    they are pretty generic people don't really remind me of anybody
    not very detailed but for the guy I pictured probly 2 inch long hair, t shirt, jeans and some random black shoes. The girl has shoulder length hair, a t shirt as well, some tight-ish pants and just some flats or something.
    I noticed I didn't really concentrate on facial features that much.

Paranarchist

he same sex
    no
    the second one is bigger because the hair is longer
    no one in particular. person one is supposed to be my aunt if she had long hair but it looks like my grandma. it's poorly drawn.
    they are wearing shirts. I only drawed the top part of the body

What does it mean?

First one was a stick figure. Second one was a stick figure with boobs. What does this tell me about myself?

Uh I drew two of my best friends. I drew a girl first then the guy friend, and I drew them both to the best of my ability at about a medium size. I dressed the girl really young because frankly she's VERY immature *thats why I love her* and I drew the guy in his black duster but I put a heart on his shirt underneath because even though he looks way scary he's really nice. * thats why I love him*

same sex
    no i did it with a pen i had on me..
    same size
    no one in particular really..
    Are the drawings detailed? What are they wearing, if anything at all? they are just heads an naked sholders of each

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    *snip*
    To sum this up, you don't look for what a girl looks like, but you instead search her for who she is inside. You look at personality over appearance. You don't mind what you look like to others, and choose to be relatively simple in presenting yourself in public, so you value personality in yourself as well as women. PM me if you want to know more, but you should put more detail! Not really required if you're happy with what I put. I'm sorry if this is inaccurate, I'm no psychologist haha.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paranarchist View Post
    *snip*
    Hmm...from what it sounds like, you are pretty selfless, and care about others more than yourself, especially those who care for you. Either that, or you do not value yourself too much, which is never a good thing! Work on that if that's the case

The fact that you drew only the top part of the body tells me that you feel that those parts of the body tell more about a person as opposed to the entire body, which I'm not entirely sure what that's supposed to mean. The fact that they are poorly drawn yet were not redone in any way whatsoever means that you are not concerned about looks in anybody, or it is possible that you simply are not concerned with people in general. Since the second drawing wasn't supposed to be anyone in particular yet was not erased or redone in any way means that you do not value members of the opposite sex all that much, and that you have a lack of significant male figures in your life.

If I recall, my psych teacher may have said that if the first drawing isn't of you, then you need to do some soul searching or get some support from family or friends, maybe even a therapist. If what I'm deducing is correct, you've had a hard life. If I am mistaken in any of this, then please tell me, because I want to know more about how to grade these tests and what each feature is related to. PM me if you wish to know more or want to talk about it!

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    *snip*
    LOL great effort there! Haha

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but my honest analysis is that I think it means you don't feel that you need to justify yourself to me or others, and that you have a lack of concern for members of the opposite sex. Are you married or dating? And are you self-confident?

PM me if you want to know more, although I sense that you don't...and I'm sorry if this is inaccurate in any way!

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral View Post
    LOL great effort there! Haha

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but my honest analysis is that I think it means you don't feel that you need to justify yourself to me or others, and that you have a lack of concern for members of the opposite sex. Are you married or dating? And are you self-confident?

PM me if you want to know more, although I sense that you don't...and I'm sorry if this is inaccurate in any way!
    I don't feel a need to justify myself to others here, but that's beside the point. I actually didn't make any higher effort than stick figures because I didn't realize I needed to (until the test was over), and because I have absolutely no artistic talent whatsoever. Pictures I make to actually resemble people should come with a warning for pregnant women and the elderly to look away.

I've been dating the same girl for seven years and engaged for the past one (that anniversary is today, actually). As for respect for members of the opposite sex, be aware I'm a transgender MtF non-op. In different ways, I view myself as simealtaneously male and female (and prefer the female view, even if it doesn't match my physical form. The thought process of drawing a person began with drawing a stick figure- since no further instruction was given, I left it androgenous. When asked what gender it was, I defaulted to male (same psychology of tending to use the pronoun 'him' for a person of indeterminate sex). When asked to draw a person of the opposite sex, the first way that occurred to me to do so was to give it boobs- I still wasn't aware the exercise called for greater detail than a stick figure. In retrospect I figure I could have given it long hair, but that's less definitively a female characteristic to me.

If you'd like, I can try to draw actual people. But I warn you it won't be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyBenjamin View Post
    Uh I drew two of my best friends. I drew a girl first then the guy friend, and I drew them both to the best of my ability at about a medium size. I dressed the girl really young because frankly she's VERY immature *thats why I love her* and I drew the guy in his black duster but I put a heart on his shirt underneath because even though he looks way scary he's really nice. * thats why I love him*
    Hmm...well drawing a member of the opposite sex as yourself in the first picture usually means you have gender or sexuality confusion, but I don't know if this is an exception or not. Maybe you see yourself in her? I'm not entirely sure about the first one...or the second one for that matter. The first picture is usually what you perceive yourself to be, and the second one is some significant figure in your life.

Who knows, maybe you just enjoy having your friends in your life and not much more haha. I'm really sorry that I couldn't answer this better, but your results are pretty confusing, each possibility goes in directions between being happy with life and friends, or having some serious identity issues...but I think it's the former haha.

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    I don't feel a need to justify myself to others here, but that's beside the point. I actually didn't make any higher effort than stick figures because I didn't realize I needed to (until the test was over), and because I have absolutely no artistic talent whatsoever. Pictures I make to actually resemble people should come with a warning for pregnant women and the elderly to look away.

If you'd like, I can try to draw actual people. But I warn you it won't be pretty.
    Ah, well I'm sorry for the answer! If you do want to know more, then you do have to draw real people haha. It's not really based on how well you draw them either. The biggest things in that sense are how long each one took and how many erasures there are. Try it out!

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieDeel View Post
    *snip*
    You are most concerned with your face and how good the opposite sex looks, and the body features are not important to you whatsoever. Now, I'm not too sure on the analysis of the fact that you did not draw yourself, but I'm leaning towards the idea that you still drew yourself in the first picture, even if you did not know it. You do not have a big ego, and you are looking for someone of the opposite sex that is the same way. Are the faces detailed? Which part of the face stands out the most to you?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral View Post
    Hmm...well drawing a member of the opposite sex as yourself in the first picture usually means you have gender or sexuality confusion, but I don't know if this is an exception or not. Maybe you see yourself in her? I'm not entirely sure about the first one...or the second one for that matter. The first picture is usually what you perceive yourself to be, and the second one is some significant figure in your life.

Who knows, maybe you just enjoy having your friends in your life and not much more haha. I'm really sorry that I couldn't answer this better, but your results are pretty confusing, each possibility goes in directions between being happy with life and friends, or having some serious identity issues...but I think it's the former haha.

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Ah, well I'm sorry for the answer! If you do want to know more, then you do have to draw real people haha. It's not really based on how well you draw them either. The biggest things in that sense are how long each one took and how many erasures there are. Try it out!
    Sorry my friend was the first person who poped into my head and I drew her as I saw her in this case very kiddish (come to think f it most of my friends are) I was gonna draw another female friend but the instructions told me not to so... I drew my guy friend instead I drew them as I see them. equally important to me and as themselves which they sometimes don't show. You did hit the me wanting to be a girl on the head though so it works to an extent on me.