Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone's parents like this?

Default Anyone's parents like this?

Sometimes I just don't get it. I know my mother doesn't like my fetish but yet she acts supportive about it. Sometimes she will have a negative attitude about it and then other times she acts supportive. Yesterday my mother decided to have an outing with me and I went along with it. I get ready to go and I bring my son over to my aunt's and uncle's where she and mom are staying and I leave my son with my dad and my brother and his girlfriend and their new baby. I had my handbag with me I was using as a diaper bag and my mother gets nosy and asks what's in that bag and I say "nothing" right away. Mom and I head out and mom starts asking if I want to put my "nothing" in her handbag so I am not carrying two bags (my purse and that) and if i need my "nothing" we can go in the restroom. I then knew she knew what I had in that bag so I waited till we got to my car to put them in there. It felt a little awkward.

Then when we were heading home, mom told me I can take my "nothings" out of her bag now. I should have told her she can just say it because we aren't in public anymore.
    Here is another thing that is weird, she seems to not mind pads or pull ups but she does not like real diapers because of her attitude about it.

Anyone else's mother or father like this or both? Do you find it confusing?

Hi Calico - I think that like a lot of parents your mum is trapped between wanting to do what you would like her to, and overcoming inhibitions she has never had to question before - and if you live your life according to one set of understandings for 30+ years it is difficult to fully adjust-even if you want to. I guess the great thing is not to fall out over difficulties that are not intentional, but part of a "clash of upbringings".

I am not asking her to get involved in my fetish. That be creepy but if she offers to carry my diapers or make sure I have some with me, I don't mind. If she offered to change me or put me in one, that be crossing the line lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I am not asking her to get involved in my fetish. That be creepy but if she offers to carry my diapers or make sure I have some with me, I don't mind. If she offered to change me or put me in one, that be crossing the line lol.
    To an extent, I would view wearing diapers in her presence with her knowledge as her being involved. But that's beside the point.

I'm with dayandnight. She wants to be supportive, but doesn't really know how to, and she has inhibitions to get over. Also a shade of practicality (she doesn't want you to have to carry two bags when there's no real need). My parents were the same way when I told them I was bisexual. They were so awkward that talking about it just made things really uncomfortable, even though they were trying to do the opposite.

alu

Yep i get you sometimes my mum will say real awkward things that are aimed towards it, at others she supportive and doesn't give a care in the world for it, But she's good 99% of the time so ^^

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    To an extent, I would view wearing diapers in her presence with her knowledge as her being involved. But that's beside the point.

I'm with dayandnight. She wants to be supportive, but doesn't really know how to, and she has inhibitions to get over. Also a shade of practicality (she doesn't want you to have to carry two bags when there's no real need). My parents were the same way when I told them I was bisexual. They were so awkward that talking about it just made things really uncomfortable, even though they were trying to do the opposite.

I don't tell her I have a diaper on. She finds out herself if she pats my butt and she found out when I said "nothing" when she asked what I had in my bag. I like to wear them anywhere and feel comfortable about it without anyone caring or getting on my back about it and it's good she acts supportive about it and doesn't mind it.

We don't tell our parents or other people what bras we have on or what underwear we have on, it's the same with our diapers. Heck if a man were to wear women's clothing under his clothes or just a bikini or bra, I still wouldn't see that as him involving other people in his kink. Same as if someone wanted to wear AB clothing under their clothes.

I don't understand how can there be no need to carry two bags. If my diaper needed to be changed, it's easier to have my bag with me than go all the way to my car to get it.

My dad often wants to talk about, in his words, my "obsession" and isn't very supportive. I finally told him today that I will only know if it's an obsession or not is to give it time. If I truly like it then my feelings won't change, but if it's an obsession I will eventually lose interest. Nothing can make the progress go faster then it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlew View Post
    My dad often wants to talk about, in his words, my "obsession" and isn't very supportive. I finally told him today that I will only know if it's an obsession or not is to give it time. If I truly like it then my feelings won't change, but if it's an obsession I will eventually lose interest. Nothing can make the progress go faster then it is.
    You, my friend, have an awesome way with words. That is an awesome way to just stop the pestering. *thumbs up, high five, brofist*

Quote Originally Posted by NervousNights View Post
    You, my friend, have an awesome way with words. That is an awesome way to just stop the pestering. *thumbs up, high five, brofist*
    Well, thank you very much.

Sounds like she is pretty supportive, actually. I don't know her of course, but I believe she is simply trying to deal with an akward and difficult subject, and she is doing her best. You should be thankful that she at least allows it around her, that is more than many parents would do. I actually envy your situation, my friend. My parents don't know, and God willing never will, because I know them, and I don't think they would ever reach the point of acceptance that your mom already has. They would be more likely to cut off contact with me until I was "cured" of my "illness." In your situation, I personally think you should keep it as low-profile as possible, and don't take advantage of your parents' tolerance of the subject. Good luck!