Thread: Buying diapers tomorrow! Need some help!

Default Buying diapers tomorrow! Need some help!

Tomorrow I plan to go to a Walgreens, and purchase diapers for the first time. I am very partial to pullups-style and in a previous thread got help from people where generally they all decided that "L-XL sized Goodnights" would best fit my needs. I am a 32 waist and 32 length leg and these should fit pretty snuggly but perfectly. My question now is: should i get a girls or a boys size? my idea is that (girls' ones are cuter) but additionally I think girl's ones would be much tighter, as I would assume boys ones are built for obvious (without being graphic) "stuff" that needs room. I would much prefer a tighter feel in that region, which i would assume a diaper fitted for a female region would satisfy better, but at the same time I question if it would obscure the fit for any other reason. So what, based on your experiences or ideas, do you recommend? feel free to mention other brands or types that match a babyish pullup style at a walgreens if something strikes you as a better idea. Thank you so much everyone! Wish me luck!

Hugs <3

how big are your hips? you might be in the smaller range, i got the large size and honestly there pretty hugeeeee, so much so I had to toss them

littlepacifiergirl

Yes I would probably buy either Goodnights or pampers Underjams. As far as how tight the fit is I don't think you would notice too much a difference between the boys/girls versions and so I would decide between these solely on aesthetics. I also have a 32 inch waist and I know that the large sized goodnights fit me just fine so that should not be a problem. Your other options would be Size 7 or 6 easy ups or cruisers which I can fit into but you might have to make adjustments with tape or something. If you are looking for really cute girly designs the easy ups have super cute dora the explorer designs on them. Good luck, Hope that helps.

I'd go for girls - I think the fit isn't any different, it's the landing zones which are.

well thanks everyone! I looked at the girls easy ups and i must admit the dora the explorer front is quite tempting.. it might be a bit of an impulse buy =p any other suggestions would be quite appreciated!!!

---------- Post added 27-11-2011 at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was 26-11-2011 at 17:51 ----------

Hey everyone!!! I have a total of three threads that ended up being posted about the topic of my little excursion here, but just wanted to tell everyone on all of them that I bought em today and it went pretty well! My cashier was the manager and there was trouble with someone else nearby, and he ran over to help them, leaving me dying for like a solid two minutes sitting there with a pack of diapers in front of me. When he came back he held them up for me and kindly asked "Were these for you?" What he meant was "Were you the one buying these?" and I mentally freaked out for a moment and thought he meant something along the lines of "Are you the one who will be wearing these?" After a 2 second panic attack, I calmly said "umm yup!" and paid. I'm now happily enjoying their pink butterfly design and feeling quite comfy! Thank you all so much, and to remind anyone who is in a similar position, I am a skinny 32" teen and the "L-XL Girls Goodnights" are fantastic! So buy some <3 thanks everyone!

Catperson

I actually have a size 31 waist (which makes pants shopping fun <.<), and boys' goodnites fit me perfectly. I actually really love them as a "casual" diaper. And honestly, they should be tight enough for you in "that area". The problem with making things too tight around there is that eventually your "stuff" is going to start pushing back. Eventually you'll hit a sort of tightness cap, and anything beyond that will just push the diaper outward. And the last thing you need is easy leaking out the sides.

Oh, I just saw that you bought the girls ones. Glad you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post
    I actually have a size 31 waist (which makes pants shopping fun <.<), and boys' goodnites fit me perfectly. I actually really love them as a "casual" diaper. And honestly, they should be tight enough for you in "that area". The problem with making things too tight around there is that eventually your "stuff" is going to start pushing back. Eventually you'll hit a sort of tightness cap, and anything beyond that will just push the diaper outward. And the last thing you need is easy leaking out the sides.

Oh, I just saw that you bought the girls ones. Glad you like them!
    do you think the boys ones would be more well fitting for a teenage boy of our size?