Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I wish I had severe learning disabilities, low IQ....

volvic

Default Sometimes I wish I had severe learning disabilities, low IQ....

I have the upmost respect for people with disabilities and don't mean to be condescending but sometimes I wish I was born with a severe learning disability to the point I can't look after myself and need assistance with daily tasks such as continence and grooming..... I already have a diagnosed LD with my IQ being 69 and currently am eligible for supported services but wish I could live in a facility that give's me round the clock care....

I now this sounds crazy but I think I'll be more happier that way.... Am I alone?

Your probley not alone, though I don't feel the same way I kind of know where your coming from. When I was younger I couldn't wait to turn 18 and be an adult and do any and everything I wanted, but then after a couple years as an adult, with all the responsibilities and uncertainties I find myself wishing that I was younger or I had someone to take care of me and make everything alright when times get tough, but I know its not what I really want, Dependency may have a certain comfort to it but at the end of the day I wouldn't give up the happiness being independant brings me, even if it's hard sometimes. I hope you do find the kind of life your looking for tho, if it's what you really want, but just make sure you realize what it would really be like, and not how you fantasy it would be. much love friend!

Quote Originally Posted by volvic View Post
    I think I'll be happier that way
    I think the idea or fantasy of a thing is often far superior to the thing itself.

Given the myriads of people who would wish, hope, and pray for the gifts you have rather than be dependent upon someone else for their very existence, I doubt you would want what you ask for should you find yourself in that situation.

You are lucky enough to live in a time that it is possible to find someone to play at this fantasy with and then return to your life as it is, and that is a true gift.

Enjoy the fantasy without loosing your reality and perhaps you can find satisfaction in both.

Butterfly Mage

I'd rather go for the opposite. I'd like to not have any learning disabilities and I'd like to have a 200 IQ. Sadly, I'm about as bright as a week-old glow stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I'd rather go for the opposite. I'd like to not have any learning disabilities and I'd like to have a 200 IQ. Sadly, I'm about as bright as a week-old glow stick.
    haha ! i agree

Quote Originally Posted by volvic View Post
    I have the upmost respect for people with disabilities and don't mean to be condescending but sometimes I wish I was born with a severe learning disability to the point I can't look after myself and need assistance with daily tasks such as continence and grooming..... I already have a diagnosed LD with my IQ being 69 and currently am eligible for supported services but wish I could live in a facility that give's me round the clock care....

I now this sounds crazy but I think I'll be more happier that way.... Am I alone?
    Probably, having such disabilities is such a poor way to live. You can't do anything, literally anything, that an adult would enjoy. You'd have the mind of a toddler and while that may sound like a dream fantasy I can assure you it isn't. Be thankful you can enjoy a better quality of life, you may think you'll be happier that way nut I doubt you would be after a while.

bjm904

I would love to be taken care of 24/7. Thats my fantasy but I know it wont happen for me. But being permanently disabled does not sound like the life for me. Maybe having a really great girlfriend to be your "mommy".

Well, I'd like to be slightly less smart because I think then I wouldn't have such insanely intense expectations on myself and my abilities.
    However, thankfully I have a fiance/Daddy who is willing to just baby me and take care of me when I need to unwind from having to be that smart grown up person.

I do have a low IQ and a learning disability what epilepsy and a tremor disorder which makes the constantly shake so it can be hard holding things and even eaten food because I'll spilled it on me. Sometimes I think I should get a bid. The other thing I have with all this. I don't know what caused it but from my seizure activity over years by brain don't really get the signals right to my bladder. I constantly got ago like urge incontinence, so I wear adult diapers 24/7 as I can barely get through movie or when I go out I have a hard time getting to the bathroom in time some afraid I might wet myself. The other things wrong with me. I only got the mentality of a 12-year-old or younger so I never to live on my own or even have a family like a normal adult would because if I had a child I'd be a child taking care of a child, my wife would be like my mommy to be all honesty is she's got. I can’t do certain things like cook, clean, and even do laundry because I don't like dealing with chemicals. I don't want to touch them. For some strange reason so it might be an autistic traits and so never been tested for it.

You really don't want to wish this upon yourself because in all honesty of reality is not fun and games like it may seem. Like me physically I have an adult body but mentally trapped inside with a mind of 12 year old or younger. It gets very confusing and sometimes makes me angry at the world wondered why God did this to me but then I think to myself at least am alive and healthy.

Like if I had one wish I'd want to be like my brother is at a go out into the world away from home. Not that I don't love my parents but I had plans in my life that will never come true. Like I want to join the Air Force and be a fighter pilot even though I got good eyesight. I would never pass the reason is the highest IQ level in school. I have is the second or third grader ability, with math and English I'm horrible at it, which in this world is very important. Without it, you got nothing so I couldn't hold a job because they thought I was purposely fixed my hours so I got paid more but in all honesty I did not I couldn't do the math. I didn't know how around it. So I got fired and then went job after job I could not work at Dunkin' Donuts because I got a memory problem where forget things that they had a short-term memory loss so that's another thing that affects me life or my brothers out doing all the stuff he wants all I can do is just look there's nothing really. I can do to fix my life is just the way it is. I'll never be a normal adult but always need somebody like it or not.

This my final thought for you, or anybody that wishes to have a learning disability or bad medical problem where you really can't take care yourself and you depend on somebody for the rest your life. I know you're not trying to offend anybody that does have, the reason is it a fantasy in your mind that you think would be really cool kind thing to have, but all honesty, it isn’t. You have no control over your life. You cannot make any decisions in your life you're talking medical, financial, which you want to eat because in needs to be cook for you especially since I live my parents are not going to make two different meals, so I eat what they eat. Like it or not, that's just the way it is because in her eyes. I'm still a child who I am mentally witch I need mommy and daddy do everything for me. Basically, I can take care myself in a few ways. Like stuff as take a shower and change my own diaper but other normal every day adult things is out the door. Think of it this way you got a chance to live certain like this similar but at the end you can stop the role-play and be a normal person again but having a learned disability or really bad medical does cripple you. Witch you can't do nothing to stop it. All I can say is is careful what you wish for. You don't know which you got before it's it happens to you.

I hope this helps you understand what you really were wishing for. I'm not offended by what posted i'm am writing to you like if somebody wishing for incontinence to have to wear all the time. It looks cool like you would want to wear all the time but then when you actually realize what real people. Go through the have this problem, you see it's not fun anymore and but however you can reverse it unlike somebody who actually got wear for that problem. They can to stop wearing diapers all the time.

Your not alone. I'm Autistic and at the moment i wouldn't be allowed to live by myself. I have problems when i'm left alone for even a few hours. Being taken care of like that would be great for me