Thread: Sup?

Alius

Default Sup?

Hey, I'm Alius, in case you didn't know already. I'm 19, and from Kansas City. Other than diapers of course, I'm just a regular college student (or at least I like to think so) making it through. Nice to meet you all!

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I'm a bit of a gamer, playing Skyrim and what not. I'm also really into techie stuff, like running Windows 7 on my macbook pro. I've also hacked my Wii, turning it into a DVD player. But don't get too excited, it makes a crappy DVD player.

Welcome aboard, Alius!

I have family in both KC, MO, and KC, KS, and was out in southwestern MO just last week on a hunting trip. Family there, too! I hope winter is being nice to you guys. I forget how much the ocean moderates things out here. Where I was in MO last week, I woke up one morning to 69F, and the next morning it was 40F! Yipes! The middle of the US is so strange.

I, too, run Windows 7 on a Mac much of the time. Professionally, I'm a Windows software developer, however my digital video hobby has been Mac-based for ages, so it's the Mac OS for that. Works fine. I do find myself mixing Windows and Mac keyboard shortcuts all the time, though. Two OSes are too much for my brain, apparently!

The Wii DVD player sounds interesting. My kids recently destroyed (by accident) the inject mechanism in my Wii's disc drive, so I get to pry it apart this weekend to see what I can do. Fingers crossed! Thankfully, I mostly use the Wii for Virtual Console, so a broken disc drive doesn't set me back much.

Again, welcome! I'm sure you'll find this place helpful and supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alius View Post
    Hey, I'm Alius, in case you didn't know already. I'm 19, and from Kansas City. Other than diapers of course, I'm just a regular college student (or at least I like to think so) making it through. Nice to meet you all!

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I'm a bit of a gamer, playing Skyrim and what not. I'm also really into techie stuff, like running Windows 7 on my macbook pro. I've also hacked my Wii, turning it into a DVD player. But don't get too excited, it makes a crappy DVD player.
    Welcome Alius,i also tried the DVD thing, although it was 2 years ago and i agree about the crappy DVD player, but homebrew is excellent for the Wii eh?

Enjoy your stay here.

Warm regards.