Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacifier advice

Default Pacifier advice

Ok so I went out today to do a little Christmas shopping and I got myself a couple of brand new pacis, quite a big step for me as it's the first time I've really brought AB stuff, anyway I've had them for 5 minutes and I'm already sucking on one and I really love them!

I have some questions about pacis though for AB's who already have them.

How often should I wash them?
    How should I store them and where would be a good place to?
    How often do they generally last and how often if at all do you replace them?

Thanks.

Scootalooo

Good questions, I wash mine evrey week or so. I tend to keep mine in a plastic tub, since my draw is dusty and ewk. The how long they last thing is a hard question, and I'm not sure how long they last really.

Mine has never died a naturall death so to speak, I've either chewed on it and it deflated or I lost it lol.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Also, wash them in boiling water and wilkinsons sell cleaning tablet things and I think there pacifier safe but I haven't bought them or asked the people who work there about them yet but wanted to say that as well

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Oh and what pacifiers did you buy? like brand and so on

I tend to wash mine at the same time as the usual dish washing. A sink full of hot water and washing up liquid seems to work fine for them.

They're just some cheap things I got from poundland as I found it less embarrassing to go in there and buy them than anywhere else lol, can't find a picture online so I'll take one ^.^

Attachment 6690

Sorry the picture's a little 'sucky' aha ha... get it?... Nevermind. They kind of camouflage on my bed too, hehe sorry.

Scootalooo

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfall View Post
    Attachment 6690

Sorry the picture's a little 'sucky' aha ha... get it?... Nevermind. They kind of camouflage on my bed too, hehe sorry.
    Sucky lol

They look cute, what are they like to suck?

I thought they looked cute ^.^ They're quite nice to suck, I mean I have nothing to compare them too but they're comfy and they fit in my mouth pretty well.

iv never tryed the open guard type before il like the guard on my mouth tho

Well I've only ever had Nuk 5 pacis, but I suggest at least rinsing them off after you're done sucking on them. I rinse mine off every morning, wash it with soap about once a week, and boil it once a month.

As for longevity, it's all really in how often you use it and how well you take care of it. My first Nuk 5 lasted well over 6 months of nightly use before it started getting worn out, but like I said your results WILL vary, and I know next to nothing about baby sized pacifiers.

Storage, I either leave mine sitting on top of my dresser or put it back in the little 2x2 cardboard box it came in, it's really up to you. Just put it somewhere fairly clean and obviously somewhere out of sight, if you're not wanting it to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Descolada View Post
    Well I've only ever had Nuk 5 pacis, but I suggest at least rinsing them off after you're done sucking on them. I rinse mine off every morning, wash it with soap about once a week, and boil it once a month.

As for longevity, it's all really in how often you use it and how well you take care of it. My first Nuk 5 lasted well over 6 months of nightly use before it started getting worn out, but like I said your results WILL vary, and I know next to nothing about baby sized pacifiers.

Storage, I either leave mine sitting on top of my dresser or put it back in the little 2x2 cardboard box it came in, it's really up to you. Just put it somewhere fairly clean and obviously somewhere out of sight, if you're not wanting it to be found.
    Pretty much what I've been doing/plan to do with the cleaning, as for storage just been keeping it in a draw inside a plastic bag to keep it out of sight.

On a seperate note I think I prefer baby sized, the Nuk 5 looks really big to me, but I've got quite a small mouth.