Thread: Making Progress

Default Making Progress

So, I started on this forum being uncomfortable about my fiance's quirks. He told me a long time ago that he liked to wear diapers. I recently started letting him wear them again as long as he didn't wear them around me. A lot of you have been so supportive. I thank you for that. I just wanted to give a recent update. Me and my fiance were sitting around and he saw one of my stuffed animals sitting on the floor. He said,"I don't know if I am into that" You see...he is really nervous about doing AB stuff around me. I know it is because i never used to accept it. But as he was eyeing my stuffed animal I gave it to him. He started holding it. I went to take it away from him and he didn't want to let go. SO...we found out more about him and his AB side. He is still a little nervous but I am willing to help him not become nervous around me. I love him and I don't want him to be nervous around me. What I really want to say is, I appreciate all of you for being so supportive. You have definitely shown a new light on this subject for me. Thank you!

I've been together with my wife for 14 years and married for 9. She is not into anything related to AB, but she is supportive about my diaper wearing, which is a good thing since I am urge incon. From personal experience, it's very hard for a person to be judged by their life-long partner. When you are judged negatively by your spouse or significant other, it hurts. I can understand why your husband would be nervous. I was nervous for several years changing my diaper in the same room as my wife because I thought I was being judged. Lastly, just because some of us grown men like our diapers, pacifiers and stuffed animals doesn't mean we have always been comfortable with it. It has taken years for me to be comfortable with who I really am. You've probably heard this before, but I have found that moving things along very slowly helps both partners to integrate themselves better when it comes to AB related behaviors, especially if one partner is not too keen on it.

That's what I've been trying to do. I know that it's my fault that he's nervous. I am willing to take it one step at a time.

Supersam1223

You should reassure him verbally, as well as with actions; tell him that he needn't be nervous about it, make sure that he knows that if he ever wants to talk about it he can. Make sure that your door is always open for him (metaphorically, not literally, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by JDC4ever View Post
    So, I started on this forum being uncomfortable about my fiance's quirks. He told me a long time ago that he liked to wear diapers. I recently started letting him wear them again as long as he didn't wear them around me. A lot of you have been so supportive. I thank you for that. I just wanted to give a recent update. Me and my fiance were sitting around and he saw one of my stuffed animals sitting on the floor. He said,"I don't know if I am into that" You see...he is really nervous about doing AB stuff around me. I know it is because i never used to accept it. But as he was eyeing my stuffed animal I gave it to him. He started holding it. I went to take it away from him and he didn't want to let go. SO...we found out more about him and his AB side. He is still a little nervous but I am willing to help him not become nervous around me. I love him and I don't want him to be nervous around me. What I really want to say is, I appreciate all of you for being so supportive. You have definitely shown a new light on this subject for me. Thank you!
    That is so good to hear. You can't imagine what a reliefe it is to him to have a partner that is supportive of his needs. The good thing is he'll always be supportive of yours as well, and he'll never stray, he'll give you the gift of unconditional love. The most successful relationships are the ones where both are on the same page, with very few boundries, as long as it is for each other and no one else!